Can someone please help me out with a small issue

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
I have a dominator ddr3 (3 chips) its the TR3X6G1600C8D G and was wondering if it will work with AirFlow Pro™ Dynamic Temperature and Activity Display for Dominator Memory

SKU# CMXAFPRO

I have a real heating problem (my fans suck and they are not adjustable). I also need to replace the stock POS i7 920 cooler as it worthless and was looking into the Hydro Series™ H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

SKU# CWCH60

But as u know there are a number of different version of the "H" like the h70 and h50. Can someone please tell me which is best of the water coolers and if the memory cooler does not fit can someone please give me advice on one that does. Oh and lastly when I order one of the H coolers what’s the best paste to get for it.

Thanks,
Sebastian

IMHO, you are working in the wrong direction. I would first replace the case fans to promote better air flow and then see where you stand. Replacing the stock CPU cooler is always a good idea to reduce temps. Water cooling give you the "cool factor", but air cooling will do just as good of a job for a cheaper.

+1 --Also figure the watercooler on the CPU is going to make the case temps even higher on the RAM etc. due to removing the fan circulating airflow in that area - (and if you follow the factory recommendation it is pulling warm air into the system through the radiator instead of expelling that heated air from the case so you'll need to address the airflow even if you go the H series route on the CPU.

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009

What u say makes sense but i want to UPGRADE my internal fans 3x12mm and all i know is the corsair tech told me i dont need to get a mem cooler. Other then that i hope it all works. I have an XMP mem and i only want to run it at its given speed 1600. My bigger prob is memtest 86. Please let me know if u know a decent amt on that topic cuz id like to ask u a question on it.

Thanks