haohuynh007

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Hi guys, I want to upgrade my cpu and i was wonndering if my mobo would support it. Since my motherboard is crap, the most decent upgrade i can find is AMD ATHLON 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHZ dual Am2 95w. My current mobo is M2N68-LA (Narra5).

Thank you for any future replies.

P.S - I was wondering if i could upgrade my motherboard, but it's a hp made computer with pegatron(asus) as it's manufacturer, i'm not too sure if i could change it as i have heard rumors that the mobo is integrated. If i can change it, what would be the conditions? I want to change it because i have a amd phenom II 3.0GHZ quad am2 125w Black edition and my current mobo just won't support it.

Timop

Distinguished

You should be able to just use the current OS, just that when you turn on a computer a sialog box will pop out and tell you to reactivate windows (phone or internet).

haohuynh007

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Okay, if that's the case, then it's worth it, but if it doesn't end up in the best possible senario, like the sialog box doesn't comp up, does that mean i have to purchase one of those OS cd?

SamikSamik

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I suggest you to UPGARDE your MOBO first ... then GET Q9400 or Higher CPU Q9400 is too high CPU no need to get higher one ... EVEN MY GA P31 DS3L mobo support that ..my mobo is not expensive one ..you can get it ..but go for P45 series MOBO ...if you want to know if your MOBO supports some CPU or not ...just cheak your MOBO CPU support list by site or ur MOBO BOX... to your HARDWARES work great ...i strongly recomand you to UPGRADE your PSU get higher than 500 WATT for new hardwares LIKE Q9400 ...

Timop

Distinguished

Looks like my last message never went through. sorry.
Anyhow, the other outcome is Windows doesn't see the new processor as a major hardware change and nothing happens. Even if you do a clean install of Windows, you should still be able to use the serial on the side of your case.