Sign in with
Your question

Network Drivers

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 30, 2010 6:14:22 AM

Okay. Big problem. I had a virus that forced me to format and do a system reinstall. The reinstall was a Dell Windows XP Home Edition CD which lacks the drivers for my Emachine computer. Now, I use a Belkin Wireless USB Adapter to access the internet and with the lack of network drivers I cant seem to connect to the net. Now heres the problem. When I look in the device manager I have like 7 unidentified hardwares with no drivers and I have no network card showing on there so I don't know what driver to look for to get my network up and running. Any help out there?

More about : network drivers

Related resources
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 30, 2010 11:41:53 PM

Seek professional help.
m
l
a b \ Driver
May 31, 2010 7:39:14 PM

kragox said:
That didn't install all of them it seems. On my device manage there is still 'Other PCI Bridge' 'USB Device' and the VGA compatible video wasn't fully installed.

[#0005ff]Under the Details tab of any device in Device Manager, you can take the VEN for Vendor and DEV for Device details and input them in the appropriate boxes at this site http://www.pcidatabase.com. From the information you find there, it's usually easier to find the right drivers.[/#000ff]
m
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2010 1:03:53 PM

If this is a desktop machine have a look inside the case at the motherboard and see if you can identify who made it. Also look at the chipset numbers.

See if you can find generic drivers for the chipset(s) either at the motherboard maker's site or at chipset maker's site (for example I've solved issues by visiting the Via site when their chipsets are in use).
m
l
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2010 1:21:45 PM

Quote:
If this is a desktop machine have a look inside the case at the motherboard and see if you can identify who made it. Also look at the chipset numbers.

See if you can find generic drivers for the chipset(s) either at the motherboard maker's site or at chipset maker's site (for example I've solved issues by visiting the Via site when their chipsets are in use).

Can you give me a link to that one please, Fihart? I was there an hour ago and the old http://via.com/tw is unavailable and the redirect is next to useless - just an advert and no Support links in sight. Need a Chipset driver for DEV 3059 if you have one.

m
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2010 1:29:23 PM

You're right the link you tried is bust.

Try this: http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp

Saga Lout:
Another source of Via drivers are the CDs which come with motherboards -- they often contain everything for the mobo maker's range rather than just for the specific mobo the disk came with.

All my gear is so old I doubt if I have anything current which would help.

I've just had a look and the newest is an Asus that uses Intel chipsets, sorry.
m
l
a b \ Driver
June 2, 2010 1:41:43 PM

Quote:
You're right the link you tried is bust.

Try this: http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp

Saga Lout:
Another source of Via drivers are the CDs which come with motherboards -- they often contain everything for the mobo maker's range rather than just for the specific mobo the disk came with.

All my gear is so old I doubt if I have anything current which would help.

I've just had a look and the newest is an Asus that uses Intel chipsets, sorry.

The old thing I was repairing predates Methuselah I think. :D  I found some drivers which seemed to work and left it at that. Pity Via seems to be going downhill on the support front though - they were one of the good guys. Thanks for your input though.
m
l
June 28, 2010 2:51:56 AM

Got it fixed. Oddly enough after downloading all the drivers what fixed it in the end was downloading the SP3 patch to fix it up.
m
l
a b \ Driver
June 28, 2010 5:14:59 AM

kragox said:
Got it fixed. Oddly enough after downloading all the drivers what fixed it in the end was downloading the SP3 patch to fix it up.

[#0005ff]Oh yes - the power of the pack! :D  Glad you sorted it in the end.[/#000ff]
m
l
!