Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Rosewill
  • Thermaltake
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
August 12, 2010 5:04:32 PM

Okay about 2 days ago I asked here which PSU I should buy now that I bought a pretty decent gpu (HD 4870) paired with a slightly OCed Q6600 and two Hdds and I gave some options.. You guys told me to choose the Rosewill 530w green series. Anyways I kept looking and found a Thermaltake TR2 600w.. the price is about 30% more. So im wondering if its really worth it the 30% more in price and most importantly, will it do the job? Here are the specs..

Thermaltake.. http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/mledez/2010-01...

Rosewill... http://www.overclockear.com/images/upload/reviews/Rev.%...

Thanks

More about : psu

August 12, 2010 6:55:33 PM

I know there are other better options but I dont live in the US so newegg is not an option.. I cna only choose between those two I mentioned..
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2010 7:13:23 PM

That's too bad. Both are low end PSUs. I would look for a decent unit a bit more. Where are you from?
m
l
August 12, 2010 8:47:00 PM

Im from Colombia and I really dont have much choice considering the pc parts here cost more than twice than in the US.. IM about to pay 90 us dollars for the rosewill or 115 for the thermaltake, so you see... prices here makes GOOD quality products hard to afford..
m
l
August 12, 2010 8:50:29 PM

Anyway im not planning to go crossfire nor do I have super fast RAM, nor am I an overclocker... SO for a pc with 2 Sata discas (7200rpm), 2 x 2gb Kingston ddr2 (800mhz), Q6600 @ 2.8ghz, and an Ati HD4870, Will the thermaltake be enough? plz answere fast, Im minutes away from making the purchase...
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2010 9:18:51 PM

The Rosewill is plenty for stock cards, just stick with it.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2010 9:19:19 PM

Then I would go for the Thermaltake W0388RU 600W. It's a HEC/Compucase unit with 5 years warranty. Unfortunately, there isn't any qualified review, but in my opinion it's worth pay those 25$ more.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2010 9:27:04 PM

Henry Chinaski said:
Then I would go for the Thermaltake W0388RU 600W. It's a HEC/Compucase unit with 5 years warranty. Unfortunately, there isn't any qualified review, but in my opinion it's worth pay those 25$ more.

The Rosewill 630W got an excellent review, and HEC isnt the best OEM. :bounce: 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2010 9:35:44 PM

is ATNG better manufacturer than HEC?. I would say no.
Anyway, as I have said before, both are low end PSUs, but if it was my money I would go for the unit from Thermaltake. This is just my opinion.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2010 9:40:48 PM

Henry Chinaski said:
is ATNG better manufacturer than HEC?. I would say no.
Anyway, as I have said before, both are low end PSUs, but if it was my money I would go for the unit from Thermaltake. This is just my opinion.

I would classify both in the same category "OEMS that can build stellar products but horrible ones also."
One reason to go with the TT is the warranty, but a thing to note is he isn't in North America, so I doubt he gets the same service as we do.

Heres a rosewill review: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBc...
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2010 9:50:14 PM

Unfortunately, PSUs of the same brand, even of the same series, are not that closely related sometimes. This is especially true of brands whose power supplies are made for them by OEMs. So be warned. Don't assume that since the 630W model received an Golden award, the same series's 530W one must be a good PSU too.
By the way, Hardware Secrets is an excellent site for looking for reviews.
m
l
!