Toshiro_Ryuu

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I recently ordered a DIY computer from newegg.com. When I received it a couple of days ago I was excited and started on the build right away (it was my first build). However I started encountering problems when it came to installing the BIOS.

When I was running the win 7 setup i chose to do a fresh install, because of course its a bare drive. However my computer will not recognize it as a drive, so I restarted my computer and inserted the BIOS CD that came with the motherboard, but when it tries to boot up the HDD it doesn't recognize it.

So I took the HDD out put it on my hand and restarted the computer and what i felt was the HDD starting then stopping over and over again. I'm not able to install drivers or BIOS into it and quite frankly im getting tired of it.

HDD is: Seagate Barracuda Green ST1500DL003 1.5TB 5900 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

MB is: MSI H61MU-E35 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Also I'm not sure if it makes a difference but both my CD/DVD drive and HDD use a SATA power connector and my PSU only has 2, a master and a slave. As of this post the master power connector us connected to the CD/DVD drive and the slave to the HDD.

-Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

dingo07

Distinguished
The first thing I suggest you do is turn on the computer and enter the BIOS. Check to see what BIOS version you have. On your working computer with internet, goto the BIOS manufacturers website and see if you have the latest version - if not, down load it with instruction on how to install it, and do that.

If you have the latest BIOS version - go into the disk setup of the BIOS and see if it recognises your HDD. If it does, then it's possible the Windows install got messed up somehow, and you should try to do a fresh install again. If your BIOS does not recognize your HDD, then you might have the Controller set to something other than AHCI mode.