New build bsod problem, Hardware issue?

gobblock

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I recently built this computer, and everything ran just fine and dandy for about a month.

Since then I have been getting frequent bsod's, it started with a large amount of bad_pool_header messages, but with a random sprinkling of IRQL messages. I played with my ram timings and things got alot better for a few weeks.

When they returned i ran a bunch of memtest and prime95 tests and everything came out ok.

Now it started back up and i have reinstalled windows, and everything ran great for about 2 days and now its back to its old bsod's for a wide variety of problems. I even moved to a different hard drive and that didnt seem to matter.

At this point im pretty sure its a hardware problem, after a hard crash (no bsod just freeze) it often will not boot up, unless i turn the computer off for a few hours, and when it gets crashy it does it in big streaks for a wide variety of reasons given on the bsod's.

Basically I have no idea where to start on diagnosing what exactly is wrong. Or what i should be looking at, everytime i get a good idea and i check it out, everything seems fine.

The box is made up of these parts

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ...

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ965FBGMBOX

ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 Desktop Memory Model KHX1800C9D3K2/4G

and a older 9600GT card which i have suspected of having a problem in the past

Is there a way to test any of my parts other than the cpu/ram? i would be especially interested in testing my gpu for stability but google yeilds nothing of value it seems

gobblock

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
too long didnt read version:

im having very strange intermittent hard ware problems, can someone point me to a resource to try to isolate what the problem is

prime95 memtest and windows memory check have shown no problems

im especially interested in a gpu ram or gpu core tester