Whats a good 1366 motherboard

• Thread starter Deleted member 362816
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 362816

I am getting an i7-950 and i need a good mobo to go along with it anyone have any reccomendations?

Solution
1. Why would you want to go 1366 above 1155? It all costs the same, but performance from the Sandy Bridge design is much better?

2. You didn't mention a budget. I'm assuming you're not going to want extreme, as few people actually do :)

OK, you'd obviously want the X58 chipset. You actually have a very wide range you can choose from. I'm a fan of Asus, so I'd say the Rampage III Gene or Formula boards are quite OK, depending on your budget. The Gene is a bit cheaper, but with the Formula you get an extra PCI-E 16x slot, thus enabling 3-way SLi/XFire.

Both motherboards have USB 3.0 support, SATA III and triple channel DDR3 slots supporting up to 2200MHz RAM speeds.

For the CPU you are getting, I don't think it'd be wise to go...

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
1. Why would you want to go 1366 above 1155? It all costs the same, but performance from the Sandy Bridge design is much better?

2. You didn't mention a budget. I'm assuming you're not going to want extreme, as few people actually do :)

OK, you'd obviously want the X58 chipset. You actually have a very wide range you can choose from. I'm a fan of Asus, so I'd say the Rampage III Gene or Formula boards are quite OK, depending on your budget. The Gene is a bit cheaper, but with the Formula you get an extra PCI-E 16x slot, thus enabling 3-way SLi/XFire.

Both motherboards have USB 3.0 support, SATA III and triple channel DDR3 slots supporting up to 2200MHz RAM speeds.

For the CPU you are getting, I don't think it'd be wise to go extreme, so the Gene would be fine.

I just still don't get why you'd want LGA1366 above LGA1155, except if you got the CPU for free perhaps?

Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

I did like my p67 sabertooth it was nice the recall has me not wanting 1155 i returned my stuff any way the x58 sabertooth seems to have a track record for coming doa or with bad integrated sound card. Has this issue been fixed otherwise i like the look of the evga ftw 3

TRENDING THREADS