Sign in with
Your question

M4N98TD EVO system won't start properly

Last response: in Motherboards
March 9, 2011 6:15:44 AM

Hi, I got this mobo a few days ago, yesterday i recieved all of my other components and put everything together but it doesn't start properly, doesn't go to post.
Specs are - phenom II X4 965 be
- palit gtx 460 sonic platinum 1gb
- corsair hx 750 psu
- corsair 4gb dual channel dimm, it's actually this code for em CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

The thing is if i put both dimms in the blue slots the dimm led doesn't turn on the mobo and if i press the memOK it tries to do something and shuts down in 2-5 secs.
If I only put one of the dimms in the dimm led turns off in a few secs, i get the press f1 on my screen and then anything i do it just shuts down in a few seconds.
Regardless of anything if i press the power button the system turns off after about 30 secs.
The ram is on the mobo qvl.

My question is if a change of ram will get it fixed or is there something else i need to worry about? don't have any other memory to test with :( 
March 9, 2011 3:46:33 PM

Ok ... after working through half the list , i mounted my old 350W psu and now it doesn't shut down any more, i can freely surf the bios :)  (also put in an older gpu so i don't get power issues), haven't figured out what's wrong with the hx750(i don't have a multimeter), i could use advice on this.

Also it still won't post if i stick in both dimms but works just fine with any of them as a single unit.
Related resources
April 2, 2011 2:21:15 PM

I got the hx750 replaced and tested the memory some more. The thing is none of the dimms work on the second blue and black slot. Is there any setting for this or should i ask for a mobo replacement ?
a b V Motherboard
April 2, 2011 10:55:18 PM

Ginu said:
I got the hx750 replaced and tested the memory some more. The thing is none of the dimms work on the second blue and black slot. Is there any setting for this or should i ask for a mobo replacement ?

You should install dual channel memory in like colored slots. First, go into the BIOS and check the voltage setting for your RAM. Most motherboards default to 'AUTO' or "1.5" volts. Your RAM requires 1.65 volts. :bounce:  Once you set the correct voltage, test again. If you still have problems with the ram at the correct voltage, then I think it's time to RMA the motherboard.

Good Luck! :) 
!