Sign in with
Your question

Suggest best improvements/changes to my rig

Last response: in Systems
June 12, 2010 11:39:27 PM

Hello all,
I would like to completely rebuild my my current PC but do not have all the $ now needed to do so.
Can anyone make suggestions where I might make the best improvements for the $ to continue enjoying it till I do a total rebuild?

My current PC:
Asus A8NSLI, AMD 4000+ @ 2.5, Zalman 9500a CPU Cooler, 4 G Corsair DDR 400 duel channel, PC Power 750 W Power Supply,EVGA 9600 GPU, 2-36G Raptors raid 0, Vista Home Premium, Plexor Sata DVD drive, Hauppauge PCIE 2250 TV tuner, Seagate 1 TB SATA HD in exterior enclosure for storage, Samsung Sync Master 930b 19" LCD Monitor, Acoustic Authority Sound: 2 speakers + base speaker. DSL Elite (6MB). Ultra mid tower case with clear side.
Thanks,
John (1madman)

More about : suggest improvements rig

a c 104 B Homebuilt system
June 13, 2010 12:38:09 AM

You could start a rebuild with phenom II, mobo and ram and reuse the rest. There are not a lot of improvements you can do to the current setup that would not be CPU limited.
June 16, 2010 4:37:37 AM

rolli59 said:
You could start a rebuild with phenom II, mobo and ram and reuse the rest. There are not a lot of improvements you can do to the current setup that would not be CPU limited.

Thanks rolli59,
I think your assessment about the limitations of the cpu, mobo and ram are right. I have been put off by the cost of an Intel 930, Asus P6x58D Premium S1366 ATX Motherboard, and 6G Corsair XMS Performance Memory that I have been eying. Now I am looking into the Phenom II and it would be considerably more affordable.
Thanks again.
John (1madman)
!