RED BELLIES LOVE THE 20D !!

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 15, 2004 8:23:00 AM

http://www.pbase.com/image/37521337

More about : red bellies love 20d

Anonymous
December 15, 2004 4:18:56 PM

Well, it was bound to happen.... I was off loading some pictures
off my Fuji FinePix 3800. The camera was plugged in to the computer
through a USB cable. When I got up from the desk, my foot inadvertently
snagged on the cable and it ripped the cable from the camera. This
broke the coupling within the camera that holds the USB cable in place.
So, now I've got to get an xD card reader.

My questions: Will an Olympus MAUSB-10 xD/SM USB Card reader work
on a Fuji formatted xD card?

Thanks for any experience you can share.
Regards,
Moxieman
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 6:48:24 PM

On 12/14/04 11:23 PM, in article
20041215002300.21770.00001932@mb-m14.aol.com, "Annika1980"
<annika1980@aol.com> wrote:

> http://www.pbase.com/image/37521337

Very nice! Question - I assume that you do some post processing sharpening
on many of your shots; what program/plug-in do you use for sharpening?
Chuck
December 15, 2004 10:18:11 PM

On 15 Dec 2004 05:23:00 GMT, annika1980@aol.com (Annika1980) wrote:

>http://www.pbase.com/image/37521337

Great picture ! What lens did you use ?

Thumper
December 16, 2004 3:21:45 AM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:18:56 GMT, "Antonio L. Balsamo Sr."
<abalsamo@maine.rr.com> wrote:

> Well, it was bound to happen.... I was off loading some pictures
>off my Fuji FinePix 3800. The camera was plugged in to the computer
>through a USB cable. When I got up from the desk, my foot inadvertently
>snagged on the cable and it ripped the cable from the camera. This
>broke the coupling within the camera that holds the USB cable in place.
>So, now I've got to get an xD card reader.
>
> My questions: Will an Olympus MAUSB-10 xD/SM USB Card reader work
>on a Fuji formatted xD card?
>
>Thanks for any experience you can share.
>Regards,
>Moxieman
YES..
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 5:17:43 AM

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message
> >From: Wright nojunk_wright9@nojunk_mac.com
>
> >http://www.pbase.com/image/37521337
> >>

> >Very nice! Question - I assume that you do some post processing
sharpening
> >on many of your shots; what program/plug-in do you use for sharpening?
> >Chuck
>
> Photokit Sharpener.
>
> http://www.pixelgenius.com/sharpener/index.html

Bret, this sharpener is news to me. Why is a 3rd party sharpener required
when PS CS has a sharpening function, and the 20D also has sharpening built
into it? What does PhotoKit Sharpener bring to the table? This particular
photo is sharper than hel.

Clyde Torres
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 5:50:44 AM

>From: "Clyde Torres" clyde_torres@hotmale.com

>> Photokit Sharpener.
>
>Bret, this sharpener is news to me. Why is a 3rd party sharpener required
>when PS CS has a sharpening function, and the 20D also has sharpening built
>into it? What does PhotoKit Sharpener bring to the table? This particular
>photo is sharper than hell.

Photokit Sharpener breaks down the sharpening process into three phases:
capture, creative, and output.
It also allows for selective sharpening of an image rather than the entire
image. Of course, you can do the same thing in Photoshop with a lot more work.

Here's an article by Bruce Fraser, one of the developers, that explains it much
better than I can.
http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/20357.html

Btw, I also recommend their new Photokit Color plugin.
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 5:54:36 AM

>From: Thumper the cat fuzzball@the_world.com

>>http://www.pbase.com/image/37521337
>>

>Great picture ! What lens did you use ?

That was the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L.
Also known as the best birding lens ever made.
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 11:48:44 AM

On 15 Dec 2004 17:46:38 GMT, annika1980@aol.com (Annika1980) wrote:

>>From: Wright nojunk_wright9@nojunk_mac.com
>
>>http://www.pbase.com/image/37521337
>>>

>>Very nice! Question - I assume that you do some post processing sharpening
>>on many of your shots; what program/plug-in do you use for sharpening?
>>Chuck
>
>Photokit Sharpener.
>
>http://www.pixelgenius.com/sharpener/index.html

Could you expand your answer please? Do you use the expert,creative
or what?
eric phillips
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 11:48:45 AM

>From: eric phillips ericp@kooee.com.au

>>Photokit Sharpener.
>>
>>http://www.pixelgenius.com/sharpener/index.html
>>
>Could you expand your answer please? Do you use the expert,creative
>or what?
>eric phillips

Well now if I told you that, I'd have to kill you.

It all depends on the pic.
Sometimes I'll use the Capture Sharpener as the first step. Then later I'll
use the Creative Sharpener. The Sharpening Brushes make it easy to sharpen a
specific area of the pic. Usually, I'll try to avoid sharpening sharp edges in
the pic (the outline of the bird, for example) in order to avoid creating
sharpening halos.
You can bring out lots of feather detail this way. It took me a long time to
figure out that too little sharpening is preferable to too much. Often I'll
think I have it perfect and then when I look at the pic later, I'll realize
that I've "turned up the volume" a little too high.

The Output Sharpener is used when sharpening for a specific output. It has
different settings depending on whether you are outputting for web use or for
printing.

The beauty of this plugin is that it does everything with layers, so not only
is the original not touched, but you can adjust the opacity to give you more or
less of a certain look.
!