Cleared/Flashed BIOS

vivek sahggal

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
Hi

Actually i am having a ATI 845 board on which Celeron 2.5 HT processor is mounted. the board is ATI Radeon 9100 AGP card (256mb) enabled.

the board is malfunctioning some times this another time that, so i flashed cmos many times by removing the cell of cmos for a minute and re seated in the battery slot. but not got satisfactory results.

I changed the jumper from 1-2 pin to 2-3 pin and restarted the system with the jumper on 2-3 for a minute or 2. Then shut down the system, Reseated the CMOS battery and fix the jumper on 1-2.

When I restarted the system, system is displaying the logos and some instructions say press dell to enter the setup.

press f2 to run setup.....
likewise

What had happened to the board?
Is it flashed. if so what next i have to do with that....Please Advice.
How BIOS is updated?
Where and how cani get the correct program for the board?

Please Advice.................

Anytime you reset the bios, you'll get a message on the post screen to enter the bios; you simply have to check and adjust the boot order, save and exit. I also disable any floppy settings unless you have one; most newer systems don't use them. Sometimes the board battery wears out; so if the battery is weak, the bios settings won't hold and reset each time you post. The cr2032 lithium battery is available at many outlets for about $2.