Sign in with
Your question
Solved

OMG I ordered the wrong drive.. can I use this for a desktop?

Last response: in Storage
a c 144 G Storage
August 5, 2012 1:10:35 AM

I have been installed this one for mom PC since May 2012.
m
l

Best solution

a c 298 G Storage
August 5, 2012 1:20:30 AM

Yes, you can install it in a desktop pc. You can also install it in a laptop. It is a standard 2.5 inch solid state drive. No problem.

I am curious. What made you think you might not be able to install it in a desktop pc?
Related resources
August 5, 2012 1:33:18 AM

arshas said:
can I use this drive for a desktop or am I trapped with it?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

please help I'm freaking out

Yes, you can use it in your desktop! In fact, 2.5" format is becoming the norm for hard drive (or storage drive) format. Most cases still (unfortunately) do not have mounts for 2.5" drives. But the SSD you ordered very helpfully includes a 3.5" to 2.5" mounting bracket. Otherwise, you'd have to order one for about five bucks...

As long as your boot drive (C:)  contains less than about 150GB of software on it (allowing space for swap files, etc.) then this drive you ordered will work GREAT on a desktop!
m
l
August 5, 2012 1:33:36 AM

JohnnyLucky said:
Yes, you can install it in a desktop pc. You can also install it in a laptop. It is a standard 2.5 inch solid state drive. No problem.

I am curious. What made you think you might not be able to install it in a desktop pc?

Maybe he think it is smaller than HDD standard size?
m
l
August 5, 2012 5:46:41 AM

thank you for all your replies, I was scared because the drive was in the laptop drives section and I figured that out after I ordered it.
m
l
August 15, 2012 4:44:32 AM

Best answer selected by arshas.
m
l
!