/ Sign-up
Your question

[Hard Drives] Modifying Existing Partition Size

  • Hard Drives
  • Partition
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
August 5, 2012 7:22:27 AM

Hello everybody,

So I partitioned my 1TB HDD into 2 drives, 120GB C: and 780GB E: (remaining is reserve drive). I have my OS and games installed on my C: drive, and it's getting filled up pretty quickly. I was wondering if there is a way for me to add more storage to my C: drive from my E: drive (I'm thinking another 100GB should be good), without having to re-format and/or re-install windows and lose all my data. I do plan on getting another HDD, much later in the future though. Any help would be awesome!!

More about : hard drives modifying existing partition size

August 5, 2012 7:47:28 AM

I would look into something like Gparted or Parted Magic. Both are free and after you download and burn the ISO should allow you to re-size partitions without any data loss.

Obviously, back your stuff up first!
August 7, 2012 1:26:02 PM

Best answer selected by mixolydian.