Hello All! I am in the process of learning how to build a computer for the first time. My primary use of the computer is gaming. I mostly play first person shooter games and want to be able to max the graphics out. I also want something I can upgrade over the next couple of years. I plan on buying the parts this week.
My budget is $1,500. I have picked out parts that I think will work together. The OS, mouse, keyboard, etc are not part of my budget. I wish someone could help me with a couple of things.
1. Is everything compatible?
2. Am I going over the top with this build?
3. Would something else better suite my needs?
4. Adding another graphics card when the price goes down could be an option for me. Will the power supply I have listed handle what I have so far and the future upgrade?
5. I might decide to overclock in the future, although as of now I do not know much about it.
6. Should I consider additional cooling with this build?
Do you have any suggestions on a good HD 5870 model? Some are around the $500 range and I would just feel guilty spending that on a video card.
Actually with 1155 coming in as soon as under 12 months and in the hierachy of chipsets/sockets current 1156 being obsolete and even LGA 1366 being usurped as well to remove that guilt make the one hardware that counts the most for gaming take center stage : the GPU