Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card advice

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 7, 2010 10:54:35 AM

Hi
I would like some information about video – graphic cards I have just updated my desktop PC and would like to update my graphic card which is at the moment 256MB video GeForce 8600 GT Dual - DVI, HDTV, TV-Out i would like a new up-to-date card with the same TV out etc but with HDMI also my system is i3 530 chip but I have just renew the power which is only 300 watt so this limits the card I can use I would appreciate if you could please advise.

More about : graphic card advice

a b Î Nvidia
a c 191 U Graphics card
May 7, 2010 11:32:43 AM

On a 300W PSU, probably the strongest card you could safely consider is a HD5670, but nothing in the entire HD5xxx series has "TV-out" unless you can use HDMI.

Requiring TV out really limits what's available, unless you can use HDMI instead of S-video. If you're limited to S-video, there are some HD4670s out there that may work, but the cheapest one I'd buy myself is a whopping $110. Cheaper ones are either from manufacturers I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole (Diamond, Jaton), or have slow DDR2 RAM (XFX)
I'm assuming you do play games, else I'm not clear on why you'd need a stronger card.
If you're willing to also upgrade your PSU, a lot more (and better!) choices become available.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 191 U Graphics card
May 7, 2010 11:51:05 AM

Hmmm, it gets worse. The ones I thought might be possible turned out not to have HDMI, and even if you don't play games that looks like the feature you're trying to add.
Related resources
May 11, 2010 10:54:51 AM

oh well....
i wud js advice u all to go for 200 series or greater...wch means GT 220 orabove...trst me it wrks gr8 wit ne kinda games releasin nwdayz!!...
dese r ma specs:
>Gigabyte motherboard DDR3 P45 3GB cache memory
>intel core to duo 3.6GHZ
>6GB Ram DDR3
> "Nvidia Geforce GT 220 1GB DDR3"
> 1TB Hard Disk nd 160GB as well (INternal)....
u all chck da price of dz system newhr nd ppl hu r havin doubts for GT 220..i'll tell ya all to go ahead nd purchase it...
nd in comparison ATI or Radeon suckss!!....LITTERALLY!!.....
All da best!!
May 11, 2010 11:07:31 AM

silverstrike said:
oh well....
i wud js advice u all to go for 200 series or greater...wch means GT 220 orabove...trst me it wrks gr8 wit ne kinda games releasin nwdayz!!...
dese r ma specs:
>Gigabyte motherboard DDR3 P45 3GB cache memory
>intel core to duo 3.6GHZ
>6GB Ram DDR3
> "Nvidia Geforce GT 220 1GB DDR3"
> 1TB Hard Disk nd 160GB as well (INternal)....
u all chck da price of dz system newhr nd ppl hu r havin doubts for GT 220..i'll tell ya all to go ahead nd purchase it...
nd in comparison ATI or Radeon suckss!!....LITTERALLY!!.....
All da best!!

The Nvidia GT220 is worse than the GT240 but you could use the GT240 only requires a 300W PSU. But id go with the HD5670 it's a little better.
!