Antec 900 not working power button

voltaic1008

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Just got an antec 900 today, rehooked up everything, and when I flick the power button, nothing. I plugged it in, and this time, the computer turned on automatically when I plugged in the PSU... This is a crappy stock hp psu and has been working fine before. Is there a way I can fix the front pannel and stop the computer from turning on automatically when the psu is plugged in? Thanks

The simplest way to check a possibly malfunctioning power switch is to interchange it with the reset switch and try to boot.

If the system boots, the power switch is bad. If it still doesn't boot, your problem is elsewhere.

If the PSU comes on automatically and stays on, your power switch is probably shorted. In that case, contact Antec.

If the PSU comes on when you turn on the PSU power switch, and then turns off after a couple of seconds, that is not too unusual. That will only happen when you physically turn off the power supply.

1) Remove the power button lead and verify that the motherboard does not power on by itself when the psu is turned on.
2) Short the power on motherboard pins momentarily to verify that the motherboard powers on properly.
3) Check the pwr button cables carefully to verify that there is no short.

4) Open an incident with Antec for a replacement switch. Be prepared with the manufacturing date which will be printed on the inside bottom of the case. If still under warranty, they will send out a free replacement.

JmancavIII

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

hi I have the antec 900 case and pressing the power switch with two different motherboards the power comes on and goes off shortly thereafter. you say the cause is when you physically turn off the power supply. I don't turn off the power supply. I brought the computer to a computer shop, they are telling me it's the motherboard, but I purchased another motherboard and the same thing happens. any ideas?

Thanks
Joe