$800 - $900 CAD Gaming PC

zignature

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE & BUDGET RANGE: In the summer, likely July. $800 - $900 Canadian strict budget.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming while recording video, gaming, music production, video production, editing

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Hardware peripherals & OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Canadian websites: newegg.ca, ncix.com, canadacomputers.com, etc.

Likely the former 2 though, because of rebates / price matching policies

PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD for price, but the i5 is looking pretty good. On a budget, though. Would prefer ATI cards.

OVERCLOCKING & CROSSFIRE: Yes

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Would like it to run cool, and quiet. Posted another topic a while back, but a friend wasn't satisfied with the build. Looking for more feedback.

zignature

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I'd like at least a quad core / 5770... Seems affordable from browsing other builds, and a 5830 or 5850 would be even better (although I realize that would require sacrificing processor quality).

Gaming is with Bad Company 2 as the most stressful task. Other games are less demanding.

You need a motherboard, a Quad processor, a decent GPU and probably 4gb of RAM for 900$ or less? I'm sure a few members can come up with a nice AMD or Intel build that will meet both your requirements and budget constraints. A 5770 might be a bit weak to game at 1920 x 1080; ideally you want to build a balanced system, but buying a more powerful processor might be a good choice if Crossfire is the near future. Knowing when you plan on buying a second identical GPU will help in coming up with the best build.