I was wandering around Best Buy the other day ...

I noticed a couple copies of the "Platinum collection" of Eidos TR1 Gold
(TR1 plus extra levels) and got curious.

Seems they only run $3.00 US these days. So I picked up all two of
them. The worst that could happen, I figure, is that nobody here wants
them and I'm out $6.

So, anyone out there *need* a copy?

They appear to be original Eidos shrink wrap "Game of the year" edition
so I figure there is no collector value in them (they're not first run
release). So, if that's what you want, this ain't it. (box is marked
copyright 2000)

They include (according to the box):
1 copy of the game(s)
TR calendar
Screen Saver
and (get this) a Win 95 desktop theme

You'd get a hoot out of the system requirements! Oh, I can't keep you
in suspense like that ...

Pentium 60 ... 90 recommended
8 MB ram, 16 recommended
DOS 6.0 or Win 95
Super VGA video card
CL Sound Blaster
(hehehe) 2x CD-ROM

If only today's software could be so miserly! It really makes me
respect the amount of work they put into such a good game with so little
a machine to work with.

If there are a lot of you ... I'll have to make the decision as to who
gets them on my own best judgment ("need" maybe).

So, any takers?

BTW, The $3, I'm not worried about ... the postage may need some
negotiation.

---
PW

P.S. To keep things on the "up and up", I guess everyone (anyone?) who
wants them should reply to this message. Keep this all out in the open,
so everyone knows who gets them and why.

"Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
> I was wandering around Best Buy the other day ...
>
> I noticed a couple copies of the "Platinum collection" of Eidos TR1
> Gold (TR1 plus extra levels) and got curious.
>
> Seems they only run $3.00 US these days. So I picked up all two of
> them. The worst that could happen, I figure, is that nobody here
> wants them and I'm out $6.
>
> So, anyone out there *need* a copy?
>
> They appear to be original Eidos shrink wrap "Game of the year"
> edition so I figure there is no collector value in them (they're not
> first run release). So, if that's what you want, this ain't it. (box
> is marked copyright 2000)
>
> They include (according to the box):
> 1 copy of the game(s)
> TR calendar
> Screen Saver
> and (get this) a Win 95 desktop theme
>
> You'd get a hoot out of the system requirements! Oh, I can't keep you
> in suspense like that ...
>
> Pentium 60 ... 90 recommended
> 8 MB ram, 16 recommended
> DOS 6.0 or Win 95
> Super VGA video card
> CL Sound Blaster
> (hehehe) 2x CD-ROM
>
> If only today's software could be so miserly! It really makes me
> respect the amount of work they put into such a good game with so
> little a machine to work with.
>
> If there are a lot of you ... I'll have to make the decision as to who
> gets them on my own best judgment ("need" maybe).
>
> So, any takers?
>
> BTW, The $3, I'm not worried about ... the postage may need some
> negotiation.
>
> ---
> PW
>
> P.S. To keep things on the "up and up", I guess everyone (anyone?) who
> wants them should reply to this message. Keep this all out in the
> open, so everyone knows who gets them and why.

Wow. I am speechless :eek:\ Wow. Good Job PW ol man! I'm sure
there's gotta be someone to take you on that offer!
McG.

"Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
>I was wandering around Best Buy the other day ...
>
> I noticed a couple copies of the "Platinum collection" of Eidos TR1 Gold
> (TR1 plus extra levels) and got curious.
>
> Seems they only run $3.00 US these days. So I picked up all two of them.
> The worst that could happen, I figure, is that nobody here wants them and
> I'm out $6.
>
> So, anyone out there *need* a copy?
>
> They appear to be original Eidos shrink wrap "Game of the year" edition so
> I figure there is no collector value in them (they're not first run
> release). So, if that's what you want, this ain't it. (box is marked
> copyright 2000)
>
> They include (according to the box):
> 1 copy of the game(s)
> TR calendar
> Screen Saver
> and (get this) a Win 95 desktop theme
>
> You'd get a hoot out of the system requirements! Oh, I can't keep you in
> suspense like that ...
>
> Pentium 60 ... 90 recommended
> 8 MB ram, 16 recommended
> DOS 6.0 or Win 95
> Super VGA video card
> CL Sound Blaster
> (hehehe) 2x CD-ROM
>
> If only today's software could be so miserly! It really makes me respect
> the amount of work they put into such a good game with so little a machine
> to work with.
>
> If there are a lot of you ... I'll have to make the decision as to who
> gets them on my own best judgment ("need" maybe).
>
> So, any takers?
>
> BTW, The $3, I'm not worried about ... the postage may need some
> negotiation.
>
> ---
> PW
>
> P.S. To keep things on the "up and up", I guess everyone (anyone?) who
> wants them should reply to this message. Keep this all out in the open,
> so everyone knows who gets them and why.

You'll never believe this, and I swear it's true.....'I only came into this
NG this evening to ask around for a free game! Straight up! When I saw your
post, I thought you were kidding! Well, I'll take that game off your hands
more than willingly as I'm one of the few people on the planet who have NOT
yet played it! ;o( How sad is that?!
Email me if you still have it, will you? Remove the (SkipTheBrackets) part
in my email address.
Cheers.
Geo.

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Pistol Whipped mentioned/n
>I was wandering around Best Buy the other day ...
>
>I noticed a couple copies of the "Platinum collection" of Eidos TR1 Gold
>(TR1 plus extra levels) and got curious.
>
>Seems they only run $3.00 US these days. So I picked up all two of
>them. The worst that could happen, I figure, is that nobody here wants
>them and I'm out $6.
>
>So, anyone out there *need* a copy?

Damn me eyes!
I only ever played a couple of demo levels of TR1 and am now working
my way through TR2 (with a LOT of help from Stella's walkthroughs.

However, I'm in Australia and it's just TOO much to expect to make the
arrangements - now I'm retired and on a pension and all (yes, old
fart!)

I wish whoever is successrful all the best of luck and I'll just go
back to lurking, shall I?

>They appear to be original Eidos shrink wrap "Game of the year" edition
>so I figure there is no collector value in them (they're not first run
>release). So, if that's what you want, this ain't it. (box is marked
>copyright 2000)
>
>They include (according to the box):
>1 copy of the game(s)
>TR calendar
>Screen Saver
>and (get this) a Win 95 desktop theme
>
>You'd get a hoot out of the system requirements! Oh, I can't keep you
>in suspense like that ...
>
>Pentium 60 ... 90 recommended
>8 MB ram, 16 recommended
>DOS 6.0 or Win 95
>Super VGA video card
>CL Sound Blaster
>(hehehe) 2x CD-ROM
>
>If only today's software could be so miserly! It really makes me
>respect the amount of work they put into such a good game with so little
>a machine to work with.

Sigh, last machine I bought JUST passed that level (with an nVidia
card and 32Mb VidRAM onboard) which I bought to play the Total War
games (now they've released Rome - Total War and I can't make the
specs anymore, sob!)

>If there are a lot of you ... I'll have to make the decision as to who
>gets them on my own best judgment ("need" maybe).
>
>So, any takers?
>
>BTW, The $3, I'm not worried about ... the postage may need some
>negotiation.
>
>---
>PW
>
>P.S. To keep things on the "up and up", I guess everyone (anyone?) who
>wants them should reply to this message. Keep this all out in the open,
>so everyone knows who gets them and why.

-
-
Some days, it just isn't worth chewing through the straps.
-
-

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Miowarra Tomokatu was heard,
at about 03/20/2005 01:18 AM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Pistol Whipped mentioned/n
<snip>
>>So, anyone out there *need* a copy?
>>

> Damn me eyes!
> I only ever played a couple of demo levels of TR1 and am now working
> my way through TR2 (with a LOT of help from Stella's walkthroughs.
>
> However, I'm in Australia and it's just TOO much to expect to make the
> arrangements - now I'm retired and on a pension and all (yes, old
> fart!)
>
> I wish whoever is successrful all the best of luck and I'll just go
> back to lurking, shall I?

Not a bad sob story. ;)

We'll see what happens, you never know, I might have a sudden spurt of
generosity. :)

<snip>
> -
> Some days, it just isn't worth chewing through the straps.
> -
> -

Ok, *now* you're showing your age! Of course, that means *I* remember
that one as well. :/

---
PW

They're coming to take me away, ha ha.

> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Miowarra Tomokatu was
> heard, at about 03/20/2005 01:18 AM, and I could have sworn it said
>> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
>> world domination, Pistol Whipped mentioned/n
> <snip>
>>> So, anyone out there *need* a copy?
>>>

>> Damn me eyes!
>> I only ever played a couple of demo levels of TR1 and am now working
>> my way through TR2 (with a LOT of help from Stella's walkthroughs.
>>
>> However, I'm in Australia and it's just TOO much to expect to make
>> the arrangements - now I'm retired and on a pension and all (yes, old
>> fart!)
>>
>> I wish whoever is successrful all the best of luck and I'll just go
>> back to lurking, shall I?
>>

> Not a bad sob story. ;)
>
> We'll see what happens, you never know, I might have a sudden spurt of
> generosity. :)
>
> <snip>
>> -
>> Some days, it just isn't worth chewing through the straps.
>> -
>> -
>
> Ok, *now* you're showing your age! Of course, that means *I* remember
> that one as well. :/
>
> ---
> PW
>
> They're coming to take me away, ha ha.

I loved the 'punchline' to that song... "...... you mangey mutt!" :eek:)
McG.

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Pistol Whipped mentioned

>Ok, *now* you're showing your age! Of course, that means *I* remember
>that one as well. :/
>
>---
>PW
>
>They're coming to take me away, ha ha.

To the Happy Farm, where life is beautiful ALL the time and basket
weavers sit in the sun....

Napoleon XIVth, wasn't it??
-
-