Sign in with
Your question

New gaming build for under $2500

Last response: in Systems
June 13, 2010 11:05:58 PM

Hey everyone. Im planning to build a new pc, asap.. (whenever the army decides to give me my bonus)

I've already got a build saved on newegg that I like pretty well that comes out to be something like $2465. But Im curious as to what you guys could build me and stay within this budget.

I dont need mouse/keyboard or speakers, but I DO NEED a 24" monitor. I want to go with an i7, computer will be for gaming mainly, web browsing... thats about it.

The only things I ask to be left the same is the MOBO and the Case( I find this case to be one of the best for the money, with me adding extra fans, should have great airflow). Now, Show me what you guys can create and stay within the budget so I can see if it's any better than my build. Thanks guys!!

My build Consist's of:

Case:
ThermalTake Spedo (puttin 5x120mm Scythe Ultra Kraze fans in it)

Cpu: Intel i7 930

Ram: 6gb OCZ Gold

PSU: Corsair HX1000W

GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked SLI ( has rebate)

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Monitor: ASUS VW246H 24"

CPU Cooler: Corsair H50

MOBO: Asus P6t Deluxe V2

More about : gaming build 2500

June 13, 2010 11:16:13 PM

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sub...

Went a little over but I think 480 sli would be worth it along with a faster processor to further prevent bottlenecking those beasts.

EDIT : I just took the time to thoroughly read what you asked and see that I didn't do it correctly... I'll revise... hang on.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 13, 2010 11:45:32 PM

Why not two 5850's instead of the GTX 470's, which will allow you to drop down to the Corsair CMPSU-750HX or 850HX and still be in good shape. A recent benchmark showed little difference with the Superclocked version, so you'll be better off with the stock speeds if you stick with the GTX 470's.

I know you don't want to change motherboards, but I would HIGHLY recommend going with the ASUS P6X58D-E instead, which provides the newer USB 3.0 and SATA 6.0Gb/s support.

Cooler: I would go with the CoGaGe Arrow or Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler, with two moreScythe Ultra Kraze fans over the Corsair H50. You'll get better performance from these air coolers than you will the H50.

With your budget, I would look to add a SSD like the OCZ Agility 2 50GB or Intel X25-M G2 80GB for your OS/Apps.
Related resources
June 14, 2010 12:21:03 AM

I went with the Superclocked ones because of their rebate right now, they = out to be $4 more than the regular one.

I would also like to add a SSD drive for games and such, but Ive never ran a comp. with 2 hard drives and not sure how to go about setting that up to work right?
June 14, 2010 12:26:31 AM

Darshebag said:
http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sub...

Went a little over but I think 480 sli would be worth it along with a faster processor to further prevent bottlenecking those beasts.

EDIT : I just took the time to thoroughly read what you asked and see that I didn't do it correctly... I'll revise... hang on.

Your link takes me to my shopping cart.
June 14, 2010 1:16:30 AM

If I go with a single 480 (for now) and add a 64gb SSD. it comes out to be about 200 cheaper
a b B Homebuilt system
June 14, 2010 1:23:34 AM

Good call.... You can speed a little more of the $200 extra dollars and possiblely get a bigger SSD (not a must but an option :)  )
June 14, 2010 1:58:06 AM

+1 on the SSD, does wonders.

But for $2500 you could even get a more powerful PC than your original post.
Combo deals are key. There are a ton of them...
!