Sign in with
Your question

Can i hook up my old harddrive to my new laptop

Last response: in Storage
August 5, 2012 9:44:34 PM

my old laptop board went bad, geeks transfered my pic and files but said they couldnt transfer outlook express and all my emails
can i take my HD out of my new laptop and put in HD from old laptop? both HP's?

Or is there a betterway?

More about : hook harddrive laptop

August 6, 2012 3:47:25 AM

Yes, shouldn't be a problem.
m
l
August 16, 2012 11:14:13 PM

Hey thanks, i got a 2-1/2" ide hard drive enclosure so i could hook the HD up thru an USB and it works, but when i try and boot from it, it starts to come up then just reboot
and starts over. never getting to boot completely. Any sugestions

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
August 17, 2012 5:39:22 AM

If you are just trying to retrieve old files from the old HD my suggestion would be to boot up from the new HD and then just transfer things over from old HD. Why are you trying to boot from old HD? Or am I reading this wrong??
m
l
August 17, 2012 12:07:39 PM

cchartsell said:
If you are just trying to retrieve old files from the old HD my suggestion would be to boot up from the new HD and then just transfer things over from old HD. Why are you trying to boot from old HD? Or am I reading this wrong??

NO ur reading correctly, I have alot of emails in outlook express and would like to copy them to my new laptop, i was trying to boot up my old HD so i could just forward them or back them up. my new laptop has stupid windows live

thanks
m
l
August 17, 2012 11:48:08 PM

Ohhhhh I see. Unfortunately I do not know much about outlook but I would assume they keep all their info on a server instead of in files on your HD. Is it not possible to install outlook on your new HD and retrieve information over the server?
m
l
!