I have (3) HDDs installed, only (2) are recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass2009

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Hello,

I have (3) HDDs. One is a Seagate, the other two are Western Digital Blacks.

The Seagate was purchased to replace a dead SSD - which housed only my OS. The two WD-Blacks housed data.

My main WD-Black works fine and can access via D:/, with the seagate on C:/, but the other WD-Black is not recognized or given a letter. I tried to troubleshoot the problem - reformatting is NOT an option.

I can see the HDD under Devices and Printers, as well as Device Manager - but other than that, I can't do much with it.

Is there any way I can get it to work, so I can access the files? It basically has 900gb worth of sample data on it.

p.s. I hope I didn't double-post this, there was an error. :(

Solution
Not sure how up you are on things, but did you try this.

Control Panel/Administrator Tools/Computer Management/

Click on Disk Management

You'll see all drives connected to you pc, then if the HDD is there click on it to make sure it has a letter assigned to it and is "initiated". I'm not sure but i think the "initiated" part may be fore new unformated drives. But its worth a look. Just make sure it's assigned a Drive letter.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Not sure how up you are on things, but did you try this.

Control Panel/Administrator Tools/Computer Management/

Click on Disk Management

You'll see all drives connected to you pc, then if the HDD is there click on it to make sure it has a letter assigned to it and is "initiated". I'm not sure but i think the "initiated" part may be fore new unformated drives. But its worth a look. Just make sure it's assigned a Drive letter.

Solution

Mass2009

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

It worked! Thank you so much! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.