650GB external hard drive wont connect

New computer build. I finally get everything inside the computer working how i want it to and now it turns out i cannot transfer data due to the fact that no external storage device is being recognized. I tried to connect my phone to download some music and it charges but no data connectivity is going on.
3 answers Last reply
More about 650gb external hard drive wont connect
  1. I know this sounds like a dumb question and I do not mean to test your intelligence, but are you absolutely sure that you made your front connections right on your motherboard?
  2. cchartsell said:
    I know this sounds like a dumb question and I do not mean to test your intelligence, but are you absolutely sure that you made your front connections right on your motherboard?

lol yea i did. i know they're are functional atleast to some degree because my joystick connects fine, webcam, external microphone, etc all work fine. the thing is whenever i try to connect some sort of drive i get nothing. i tried the rear i/o ports which are attached to motherboard and im not getting any data connection back there either. but when i connect it to my laptop there is no issues its up and running in seconds. do you think its some sort of driver issue?
  3. hmmm....that would be my next advice. make sure that all drivers are up to date
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Connection Computer External Hard Drive Storage