How to REMOVE front Case Door?

Usually those are secured in such a way so that it ends up being unremovable. And the only way to remove it would be to cut off the hinges, you could see if you can remove all of the front plastic and get at the hinges and see if they are held in place by metal pin's if they are you might be able to remove the pins..

acer0169

Distinguished
You can see from them pictures that you can remove the intire front panel by pushing in 6 clips; 3 on each side - top, middle and bottom. Once you've taken the front off the case, the hinges will either be screwed into place or actually part of the front panel. If they're screwed in, you need to just unscrew them and off comes your door. If the hinges are part of the front plastic housing, the only way to get the door off is to remove the pins holding the door to the hinge. This isn't normally a big job, but I can't really give any advise without seeing some close up pictures of the hinges.

scudst0rm

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
LOL, just by reading the post I knew it was gonna be the raidmax smilodon. I really hate that case because of the door and all the daisy chained 80mm fans.

like acer said, take off the whole front and see whats going on. my gut says that its all one big peice of plastic tho, so hopefully the hinge pins come out, otherwise you gotta saw it off. your also gunna have to watch out for the wires powering the lights on the door.

acer0169

Distinguished
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/185/60806762sm1.jpg

This picture ^^^ makes it look like it is actually all one piece of plastic. If it is, you'll need to cut them hinges off unless it has a cover or something you can take off to neatly take the hinge pins out and release the door.

Instead of just any old saw, I'd suggest a dremel type tool to do a good job.

Also look into taking the door apart, as you might be able to remove everything apart from two small pieces that attach it to the hinges.

Good luck mate, come back with result pictures :)

weatherphobia

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008

What do I do about the WIRES that go INTO the door? Cap off or?