Bitt

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Good afternoon! I wanted to see if I could get an opinion on a few things really quick. I built my own computer about 3 years ago and I think it's now starting to show it's age(StarCraft 2 jumps around alot as the HD is being accessed)! 2 questions here:

1)If I wanted to spend the least amount of money, what is the single most important thing I could upgrade in my machine to make the most difference during game play?
2)What would you reccomend in terms of top to bottom rebuild (keeping in mind I have had excellent luck with this hardware combo EVGA+BFG)?
*Thanks in advance!
System:
Intel Core2 Duo (45nm) 3Ghz OC 3.6Ghz
EVGA NVIDIA 780i SLI
BFG 8800GT
4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 (1066)
Western Digital 150GB Raptor (10,000rpm)
Creative SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum
Antec 650W

Newegg has a gigabyte 9800gt for around $50 after $30 rebate in today's email promos, if you are registered with them. It's a step up from the 8800gt. I also like my ssd; frys has a kingston 60 gb for $99.99 in today's ad. They make your system more snappy, and you can load a few games on them and use them for booting up your system. You can go with a high end single video card if you like, and the antec ps you have should handle it fine. I can't recommend the best bang for the buck, but someone else may give you a recommendation if you list your budget limit.