Suggestions

Good afternoon! I wanted to see if I could get an opinion on a few things really quick. I built my own computer about 3 years ago and I think it's now starting to show it's age(StarCraft 2 jumps around alot as the HD is being accessed)! 2 questions here:

1)If I wanted to spend the least amount of money, what is the single most important thing I could upgrade in my machine to make the most difference during game play?
2)What would you reccomend in terms of top to bottom rebuild (keeping in mind I have had excellent luck with this hardware combo EVGA+BFG)?
*Thanks in advance!
System:
Intel Core2 Duo (45nm) 3Ghz OC 3.6Ghz
EVGA NVIDIA 780i SLI
BFG 8800GT
4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 (1066)
Western Digital 150GB Raptor (10,000rpm)
Creative SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum
Antec 650W
1 answer Last reply
More about suggestions
  1. Newegg has a gigabyte 9800gt for around $50 after $30 rebate in today's email promos, if you are registered with them. It's a step up from the 8800gt. I also like my ssd; frys has a kingston 60 gb for $99.99 in today's ad. They make your system more snappy, and you can load a few games on them and use them for booting up your system. You can go with a high end single video card if you like, and the antec ps you have should handle it fine. I can't recommend the best bang for the buck, but someone else may give you a recommendation if you list your budget limit.
Ask a new question

Read More

Components