600-700 Gaming computer (already have gpu)

joehan

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within two weeks

BUDGET RANGE: 600-700 before Rebates /w delivery charges

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, running multiple programs (watching multiple videos, word, excel, etc), surfing the internet, watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Recommend me please (newegg.ca, ncix.com, canadacomputers.com)

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada

PARTS PREFERENCES: Don't have one as long as they run and reliable

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Huh?

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1440x900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Quiet computer is nice but willing to sacrifice for a better performing/non-overheating one. Since I have a GPU already, I hope that the system will have upgrade space/compatibility for other graphics cards.

Also someone already recommended me a system before but the link was dead ... didn't act quickly enough sorry! :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was atticu5's suggestion, but I can't get hold of the other one.

CPU: Intel Core i3 530 (Dual-Core) (I got no preference of brand)

GPU:
I already got one from a friend, original ATI 4850 (But hopefully for future reference someone can recommend me something, needless to say the system should be compatible with the 4850)

RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB DDR3-

HDD: Samsung 1GB SATA 3.0GB/s

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

DVD: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD-RW

Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 534

PWR: SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500W

Thanks a bunch guys! I got a great answer last time hopefully theres a follow up~

joehan

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Quick question, I will be ordering from Canada, and I know there is a newegg.ca which I don't see having the same deal, can I still order from newegg.com?

joehan

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
OK I took the advice and built it on newegg.ca (can't order from .com :\)

Saw the DVD on sale so ...

Samsung SH-S243D/BEBE 24X Black DVD Writer SATA OEM

95073972.png

That is include the LITEON DVD (might take it out and put in the Samsung one)

Thanks guys!

xurwin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010

no, it would be fine. BUT if your going to crossfire or sli. your gonna need may be 750 watts. but in your case with that mobo. it dosent support sli or crossfire. so your good.

joehan

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Thanks xurwin for advice and link to tutorial~

FYI: I chose the cheapest AMD rana (I didn't know which one to choose, and the link you had I couldn't connect)

and if anyone else has advice or criticism about the updated build above please let me know I would like to finalize and buy this system by...lets say in a few days!

thanks for all your help!