Sign in with
Your question

Best sound card for surround headset

Last response: in Components
August 14, 2010 12:25:43 AM

Hi, I am looking for the best sound card that will improve any virtual 7.1 surround gaming headset such as excellent sound quality, excellent boosting, explosion or thumping bass quality (mostly both), improves excellent quality gaming and hearing a lot of footstep for first person shooter games. Thanks.
a b 4 Gaming
August 14, 2010 2:53:46 AM

Well Creative claims the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series and
Titanium Fatal1ty Professional do that but i have little faith in that company these days.
The only card that could actually deliver that kind of performance is the ASUS Xonar Essence STX .
Comes at a premium price though.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
August 14, 2010 9:11:17 PM

if u want a soundcard and use it. you will have to get headset with analog connections, and tbf there arent many.
m
l
Related resources
August 15, 2010 7:09:02 AM

Will it work for USB headset?
m
l
August 15, 2010 10:22:13 PM

no. usb headsets contain its sound chipset inside the actual headset, and all digital signals will bypass the soundcard and go directly to the headset.

if u have a good soundcard, then itd be a shame not to use it.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 16, 2010 2:57:28 AM

USB devices will NOT interface with any soundcard, period. They use their own internal processing/drivers. If you use a USB headset, don't even bother with a soundcard.
m
l
August 16, 2010 10:53:11 AM

thats what i said.
m
l
!