Cant Overclock with AMD Phenom II 1090T

aam249

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
i cant overclock my b.e 1090t using the unlocked multiplier can sum one assist me with overclocking im kinda new. ive got a 1090t asus m3n ht deluxe, asus 465gtx and 3gb ram. con sum one guide me through plese.
many thanks

aam249

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
thanks,
whenever i up my multiplier it does not make a difference to the core clocks it stays the same can u help me.

There is good news and bad news and good news.

The good news is even though your motherboard has been out for 2 years and is AM2+, Asus provided a BIOS update so that you may install a Thuban.

The bad news is that the BIOS update, while recognizing the 1090T, is in need of some serious tweaking.

The good news is a beta BIOS for your motherboard is currently being tested by both Asus and NV.

Beta BIOS Releases in Validation Testing as of 7/30/2010-
M3N-HT Deluxe - Improved Thuban Performance, NV involved, still in beta testing as of 7/28

From XtremeSystems: ASUS AMD Beta BIOS Releases

Without going into tremendous detail, this is not a simple task. AMD Turbo on the Thuban microprocessor adjusts the CPU multiplier and voltages to each core. When you increase the base multiplier on the 1090T, you increase the Turbo multiplier, too.

Hopefully, the beta BIOS in testing will incorporate the changes needed for you to maximize the potential of your system.

edit: I forgot to add that "bingo13" in the link above works for Asus support, and for the past three months has been working very hard on Thuban BIOS updates.

G

I don't know if this applies - but I was having trouble changing the multiplier on an ASUS bios because I was trying to hit enter to get a pop-up menu. I needed to just use the +/- keys instead.