Ping All: Eidos is saved :-), but lara next year :-(

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4371203.stm

The venture capital group, which has rock star Bono on its board of
directors, is buying Eidos for 50 pence a share, valuing it at £71m ($135m).

Elevation Partners was formed last year with the aim of investing in media
and entertainment interests, and is armed with a £520m war chest.

The US group said the bid would enabled Eidos to "develop games on a
schedule which permits maximum creative flexibility" without having to worry
about half-yearly reporting of profits.

Most of the titles currently being developed by Eidos will be delayed to
make sure this happens, Elevation said. New games in the Hitman and Tomb
Raider series are being held back from release until next year.

Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

"H" <H@HOME.CO.UK> wrote in message
> From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4371203.stm
>
> The venture capital group, which has rock star Bono on its board of
> directors, is buying Eidos for 50 pence a share, valuing it at £71m
> ($135m).
>
> Elevation Partners was formed last year with the aim of investing in media
> and entertainment interests, and is armed with a £520m war chest.
>
> The US group said the bid would enabled Eidos to "develop games on a
> schedule which permits maximum creative flexibility" without having to
> worry about half-yearly reporting of profits.
>
> Most of the titles currently being developed by Eidos will be delayed to
> make sure this happens, Elevation said. New games in the Hitman and Tomb
> Raider series are being held back from release until next year.

Well, to be honest, I'd much rather wait and have a mind blowing release
than a load of hype and not the game to back it up. Looks like good news
overall. Am already looking forward to the game though ;)

Kieran

"Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "H" <H@HOME.CO.UK> wrote in message
>> From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4371203.stm
>>
>> The venture capital group, which has rock star Bono on its board of
>> directors, is buying Eidos for 50 pence a share, valuing it at £71m
>> ($135m).
>>
>> Elevation Partners was formed last year with the aim of investing in
>> media and entertainment interests, and is armed with a £520m war
>> chest. The US group said the bid would enabled Eidos to "develop
>> games on a
>> schedule which permits maximum creative flexibility" without having
>> to worry about half-yearly reporting of profits.
>>
>> Most of the titles currently being developed by Eidos will be
>> delayed to make sure this happens, Elevation said. New games in the
>> Hitman and Tomb Raider series are being held back from release until
>> next year. H
>

> Well, to be honest, I'd much rather wait and have a mind blowing
> release than a load of hype and not the game to back it up. Looks
> like good news overall. Am already looking forward to the game though
> ;)
> Kieran

Yah, I just hope I live long enough to get to play it :eek:\
McG. ;)

McGrandpa wrote:

> "Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > "H" <H@HOME.CO.UK> wrote in message
> >> From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4371203.stm
> >>
> >> The venture capital group, which has rock star Bono on its board of
> >> directors, is buying Eidos for 50 pence a share, valuing it at £71m
> >> ($135m).
> >>
> >> Elevation Partners was formed last year with the aim of investing in
> >> media and entertainment interests, and is armed with a £520m war
> >> chest. The US group said the bid would enabled Eidos to "develop
> >> games on a
> >> schedule which permits maximum creative flexibility" without having
> >> to worry about half-yearly reporting of profits.
> >>
> >> Most of the titles currently being developed by Eidos will be
> >> delayed to make sure this happens, Elevation said. New games in the
> >> Hitman and Tomb Raider series are being held back from release until
> >> next year. H
> >

> > Well, to be honest, I'd much rather wait and have a mind blowing
> > release than a load of hype and not the game to back it up. Looks
> > like good news overall. Am already looking forward to the game though
> > ;)
> > Kieran
>
> Yah, I just hope I live long enough to get to play it :eek:\
> McG. ;)

Do you plan on dying in the next couple of years? Please don't
do that--it's bad for morale. ;) I fully agree with Kieran.

-- G

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> McGrandpa wrote:
>>
>> "Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "H" <H@HOME.CO.UK> wrote in message

>>> Well, to be honest, I'd much rather wait and have a mind blowing
>>> release than a load of hype and not the game to back it up. Looks
>>> like good news overall. Am already looking forward to the game
>>> though ;)
>>> Kieran
>>
>> Yah, I just hope I live long enough to get to play it :eek:\
>> McG. ;)
>
> Do you plan on dying in the next couple of years? Please don't
> do that--it's bad for morale. ;) I fully agree with Kieran.
>
> -- G

Nope, sure ain't planning on that to happen. Thing is we don't know
how long we have. So I'm still hoping....
McG.