Sign in with
Your question

How do I set up Linksys wrv54g to new modem

Last response: in Networking
March 8, 2010 8:28:55 PM

I just moved our business and when I tried to reconnect to the internet our motorola modem, 2210 would not work, so I had to buy a new one.

Now I can get the internet, but my linksys WRV54G will not work. Would anyone be willing to give me step by step instructions? I am a novice and only doing this out of necessity.

I have Windows XP
March 8, 2010 11:40:36 PM

So you verified the new modem has Internet access when directly connected by wire to a desktop/laptop?

If so, then I suggest resetting the router to factory defaults (just so we know it's starting from a known good state). Hold the reset button on the back of the router for 30 secs (while powered on, of course) and release. The router will be returned to factory defaults and wireless security will be disabled.

Try accessing the Internet via a wired connection. If you have problems, go to Start->Run, type "cmd" (no quotes), and hit enter. In the command window, type "ipconfig /all > temp.txt" (no quotes) and post the file's contents here.

If wire works, then try accessing the Internet via a wireless connection. If you have problems, go to Start->Run, type "cmd" (no quotes), and hit enter. In the command window, type "ipconfig /all > temp.txt" (no quotes) and post the file's contents here.

IOW, proceed step by step; modem alone, wired w/ router, wireless w/ router, etc., and stopping any time you have a problem and posting an IPCONFIG dump.
m
l
Related resources
!