Looking for mid-priced Sound card

samk

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
HT Omega Striker for 89.99

Asus Xonar D1 I saw that the DX was also available but I don't want to use the PCI-E slot and it sounds like it needs an extra connector for power? There's a 20 dollar rebate right now on Newegg to drop it to 69.99

Auzentech X-Fi Bravura 7.1

For gaming and movies. My motherboard is intel based p55 (Asus P7p55d-e PRO)

Ideally I'm on a budget but the bravura i've heard great things about but it's much cheaper on websites that I don't purchase from on a regular basis, so I'm not sure about reliability or things like that.

For speakers, i have a logitech g51 set of speakers that i plan on upgrading to 7.1 soon,

and i want to buy the turtle beach ear force Z2 headsets, unless you have other recommendations.

Solution
The Auzentech Bravura is a very good card and has a seperate headphone amp.
A feature not found on the other cards you linked.
Btw i have an Auzentech Forte and i'm very happy it's first rate imo.
Just installed the new drivers today worked perfect no bull@#$% like other makers drivers i've used in the past.
I've seen the Bravura as cheap as $75 on sale.
The Auzentech Bravura is a very good card and has a seperate headphone amp.
A feature not found on the other cards you linked.
Btw i have an Auzentech Forte and i'm very happy it's first rate imo.
Just installed the new drivers today worked perfect no bull@#$% like other makers drivers i've used in the past.
I've seen the Bravura as cheap as $75 on sale.

Solution

samk

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Hmm the lowest bravura i found was 110, but at jr.com they don't have tax and i found a coupon online for 10 dollars off. I got free shipping b/c i bought turtle beach ear force z2 headset along w/ the sound card so the total for both came out to 161 dollars, which was decent i think since the cheapest prices are 110 + shipping and 59.99 for the turtle beach elsewhere.

You've done very well and i'm sure you won't be disappointed with either.
Register your card at Auzentech within 30 days and you'll get another year of warranty.
The new drivers also came out for your card.
Btw the $75 sale was 2 weeks ago at Ncix but a Bravura is a good deal at $100 and worth every penny.
Thanks for selecting me and enjoy:)