Sign in with
Your question

Can Dark Fleet swap 6Gb/s?

Last response: in Components
August 14, 2010 4:16:15 AM

Hey Guys,
I am currently setting up My Rampage Extreme III with My crucial C-300 256 MAG SSD.
Although I am using the 6Gb/s sata cable supplied by ASUS...
I was wondering If The Dark Fleet's Hot Swap Adapter will be a bottleneck in peformance?
( Is this connection Sata 6Gb/s rated? )
please save me from hours of testing!

More about : dark fleet swap 6gb

August 14, 2010 4:26:37 AM

The hot swap is just a connection - it shouldn't affect transfer rates at all. Similarly, any SATA cable should do fine - you don't need a specific "6Gb" rated one.
August 14, 2010 7:18:05 AM

People are actually buying Antec Dark fleet cases?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 18, 2011 6:35:45 PM

I have a DF-85 and my HD Seagate SATA3 1Tb turns off with Fleet Swap, so I have to plug it directly.
April 28, 2011 12:39:53 AM

claydough said:
Hey Guys,
I am currently setting up My Rampage Extreme III with My crucial C-300 256 MAG SSD.
Although I am using the 6Gb/s sata cable supplied by ASUS...
I was wondering If The Dark Fleet's Hot Swap Adapter will be a bottleneck in peformance?
( Is this connection Sata 6Gb/s rated? )
please save me from hours of testing!

Seems that Macbook owners are getting 6Gb/s woe from their SATA cables effecting performance and reliability as well. ( due to the fact that Apple used "unshielded" cables )

Macbook owners are now ordering rated cables that solve the issue.

It's been a while since the original post...
But I feel far from conclusive evidence has been shown that the swap fleet connector effects sata "3" performance.

My computer is apart due to a new build. But I want to bench 6Gb/s with and without the connector.

Till then I hope the thread remains active.
Otherwise I think that generally there is no difference between most sata 2 and supposedly sata 3 rated cables. However, quality can in the end make a difference even with cables not to mention a connection adapter's quality.
December 31, 2012 10:43:26 PM

Daijiroijiro said:
I have a DF-85 and my HD Seagate SATA3 1Tb turns off with Fleet Swap, so I have to plug it directly.

The Fleet-Swap backplanes are junk. I've had two fail on me. They don't lock and the connections are not tight. Cables come loose and there you go...

Connect HDDs directly to mobo and save yourself the aggravation.

Even if you can't truly hotswap them anymore, you won't need to if they are reliable.
!