Second Display (LCD TV) expands past the edges! HELP

wyattfamily

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
Thanks again for all those here that helped me get my TV hooked up from my PC. Here's a couple problems I have.

First off i'm running an Nvidia 8800 GTS 640MB and a 42" Sylvania LC420SS8 TV. I have the latest NVidia drivers and i'm also running on Windows Vista 64 Ultimate with everything that I know if updated.

I hooked up the 2nd DVI to DVI-HDMI with an adapter to the TV.

The only way I was able to get the TV to display the Desktop Icons (It displayed only the desktop background before this) was to put the monitors on Clone and I had my PC monitor as primary. The main problem I have is I have matched up all the resolutions it keeps defaulting it down to 1440X900 which is max for my 19" monitor but my TV can run 1080P. Like i said I got the icons and everything showing on the TV but it expands to far on the TV and I don't know what to do to get it to just fully expand the screen and to show all of my desktop as of right now it cuts off the edges and I cant see the start button and such? Any help guys?

Also there was a lot of tearing on my TV when I watched a movie I heard maybe forcing V-Sync on instead of letting application choose might help that so we'll see.

wyattfamily

Distinguished
May 6, 2010

After 3 hours of fiddling with TV settings and the graphics cards setting it turned out to be quite simple! here's how i got around this and got it working on my TV.

All I had to do was open up Nvidia Control Panel and go to >Set Up Multiple Displays>Right click monitor(2) Which was the TV>Select Make this windows primary display

doing that at least I was able to get my desktop to show up but again it was still overstretched so then I never saw this before but this time after the 50th time of being in nvidia control panel i saw the >Adjust desktop size and position....WELL finally doing this and setting my TV manually I had to enter a manual resolution on my TV and line up the arrows and instead of 1920X1080 i think I had to drop it down to 1900 X 980 or somewhere in that range...but now I can see all my icons and stuff on my TV and can run the mouse and direct things on my TV.

Thanks again everyone in the past day that has helped me.