Closed Solved

Why does my computer not POST?

Yesterday I was working on overclocking my CPU/Graphics. i was succesful at first, but then as I turned settings up, the settings didn't apply. So I tried resetting my bios by taking out the CMOS Battery. After that the settings still didn't apply, but I don't care about that anymore. So I set all the settings back to default, but when I tried to boot, the windows 7 screen started to come up, but "froze" when it shows the logo, but it looked to me like the logo was still pulsing.

So I tried safe mode, that show'd me that the last thing on the screen to load was Disk.sys. Then I reset the CMOS again and still no luck. I tried taking out sticks of RAM, but the computer isn't even posting now. All the fans rev up, and lights come on, but NOTHING shows up on the screen. I tried taking out the card and re-installing it, that didn't work.

So now I have no screnn (post, or boot) So first, how do I get the screen to show? Second, how do I get windows to boot, thanks. One idea, maybe its the CMOS Battery is running out? The computer is a hand-me-down, so I would guess its a several years old.

Last night I reset the BIOS overnight while having all the RAM, Graphics, and Drives unplugged, that didn't work.

Specs:
ASUS P5n-E SLI Motherboard
Core2 Quad Q6700
4GB DDR2 800 RAM
XFX 8800 GTS
Corsair 525W PSU
Antec 900 Case
DVD Drive
Several Hard Drives
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer post
  1. Best answer
    There's a link to a troubleshooting checklist in my signature. It was created to troubleshoot this type of problem. Let us know how it goes after you've performed EVERY step in the checklist.
  2. shortstuff_mt said:
    There's a link to a troubleshooting checklist in my signature. It was created to troubleshoot this type of problem. Let us know how it goes after you've performed EVERY step in the checklist.

I tried those things, all exept taking the whole thing apart. I'll do that now...
  3. I took the whole thing apart, Unpluged everything except power, graphics, motherboard, and CPU Fan. Laid it on an anti-static bag...Nothing. Still no beep codes or anything on the screen.
  4. 4 Threads with the same question will not solve the problem that u have.

Follow the problem here and stop to post the same problem.
  5. This topic has been closed by Saint19
  6. Best answer selected by carfreak3504.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems