Small Thin Red Line on Dell Laptop Screen

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 21, 2004 2:30:04 AM

I was noticing today there is a tiny red line that goes half way up the
screen on the far left when the laptop is turned on. Is there any way to
correct/fix this or is this a sign of the lcd monitor beginning to have
issues?

Thanks,
oscar
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 24, 2004 6:11:35 PM

I'm guessing that the red line is there all the time? If so, it sounds like
part of the matrix is going bad. The screen is usually split into upper &
lower halves and each matrix is built that way. It sounds like the
connection(s) for that one line are broken. Or the driver circuitry for
that one line is going bad.

"Oscar G. Carranza" <oscarc@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I was noticing today there is a tiny red line that goes half way up the
> screen on the far left when the laptop is turned on. Is there any way to
> correct/fix this or is this a sign of the lcd monitor beginning to have
> issues?
>
> Thanks,
> oscar
January 26, 2013 10:19:24 AM