Systen 32 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjhanson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
HP4200 system wouldn't boot (5 yrs old). Error msg said system 32/drivers/ntfs.sys is corrupt. I loaded operating system again, but now no internet or video card is showing. (using laptop now)

wjhanson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

Thanks but need your guidance (again). The device on the properties of the device mgr show the problem is the ethernet controller pc1 128. Could you guide me the the correct driver on the HP site. (HP4200w workstation). There are so many different ones, not sure where to go. Thanks for your help.

wjhanson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

also, could you tell us what features are important when ordering a prebuilt (probably HP) computer ($1,000-$1,200). 50% for gaming other uses will be documents, pictures and music...but nothing complicated. We enjoy the war first person shooter games and know they require a lot to make them function well. I've read this site, but it seems the help is for those who know enough to build their own. Some items we need help with are -cooling, graphic card, dual core? sound card, processor (intel vs. amd), how much memory.

Again, thanks

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Here is the ethernet driver, I think: http://www.soft32.com/download_185603.html
Personally I would look at building a new system yourself, its quite rewarding and cheaper. However if you go with Hp, I would go for AMD as your cpu provider, because you will be able to spend more money towards more memory and a better graphics card. The AMD Phenom II x4 965 is what I would suggest, its only $179. Also, the most competitive/efficient card available is the GTX 460.

Status
Not open for further replies.