Linux Raider?

I would like to replay the original Tomb Raider CD.
However: Since my TR1 CD broke a couple of months ago,
and I had to upgrade my Windows operating system to XP,
I do not want to buy a new CD without knowing
whether it will work on my machine.

So my question is:
Is there maybe a way to run TR1 under Linux (Debian)?
Maybe with "dosbox"?
What about the other TR games?

Many thanks in advance,
Thomas

BTW: No, I don't want to buy Glidos...

You could try using Wine, it probably won't work though

Thomas Mautsch <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> writes:

> I would like to replay the original Tomb Raider CD.
> However: Since my TR1 CD broke a couple of months ago,
> and I had to upgrade my Windows operating system to XP,
> I do not want to buy a new CD without knowing
> whether it will work on my machine.
>
> So my question is:
> Is there maybe a way to run TR1 under Linux (Debian)?
> Maybe with "dosbox"?
> What about the other TR games?

Not that I know of. It may well work with wine, or Cedega, or
CrossOver. There's a reasonable chance that it won't, though, since
TR1 is a DOS program. It can be got to work in XP, though:
<http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr1/faq.html>.