Linux Raider?

Last response: in Video Games
March 24, 2005 5:54:24 PM

I would like to replay the original Tomb Raider CD.
However: Since my TR1 CD broke a couple of months ago,
and I had to upgrade my Windows operating system to XP,
I do not want to buy a new CD without knowing
whether it will work on my machine.

So my question is:
Is there maybe a way to run TR1 under Linux (Debian)?
Maybe with "dosbox"?
What about the other TR games?

Many thanks in advance,
Thomas

BTW: No, I don't want to buy Glidos...

More about : linux raider

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 9:51:18 PM

You could try using Wine, it probably won't work though

Thomas Mautsch wrote:
> I would like to replay the original Tomb Raider CD.
> However: Since my TR1 CD broke a couple of months ago,
> and I had to upgrade my Windows operating system to XP,
> I do not want to buy a new CD without knowing
> whether it will work on my machine.
>
> So my question is:
> Is there maybe a way to run TR1 under Linux (Debian)?
> Maybe with "dosbox"?
> What about the other TR games?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Thomas
>
> BTW: No, I don't want to buy Glidos...

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 2:16:48 AM

Thomas Mautsch <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> writes:

> I would like to replay the original Tomb Raider CD.
> However: Since my TR1 CD broke a couple of months ago,
> and I had to upgrade my Windows operating system to XP,
> I do not want to buy a new CD without knowing
> whether it will work on my machine.
>
> So my question is:
> Is there maybe a way to run TR1 under Linux (Debian)?
> Maybe with "dosbox"?
> What about the other TR games?

Not that I know of. It may well work with wine, or Cedega, or
CrossOver. There's a reasonable chance that it won't, though, since
TR1 is a DOS program. It can be got to work in XP, though:
<http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr1/faq.html&gt;.
!