Linux Raider?

I would like to replay the original Tomb Raider CD.
However: Since my TR1 CD broke a couple of months ago,
and I had to upgrade my Windows operating system to XP,
I do not want to buy a new CD without knowing
whether it will work on my machine.

So my question is:
Is there maybe a way to run TR1 under Linux (Debian)?
Maybe with "dosbox"?
What about the other TR games?

Many thanks in advance,
Thomas

BTW: No, I don't want to buy Glidos...
2 answers Last reply
More about linux raider
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    You could try using Wine, it probably won't work though

    Thomas Mautsch wrote:
    > I would like to replay the original Tomb Raider CD.
    > However: Since my TR1 CD broke a couple of months ago,
    > and I had to upgrade my Windows operating system to XP,
    > I do not want to buy a new CD without knowing
    > whether it will work on my machine.
    >
    > So my question is:
    > Is there maybe a way to run TR1 under Linux (Debian)?
    > Maybe with "dosbox"?
    > What about the other TR games?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance,
    > Thomas
    >
    > BTW: No, I don't want to buy Glidos...

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Thomas Mautsch <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> writes:

    > I would like to replay the original Tomb Raider CD.
    > However: Since my TR1 CD broke a couple of months ago,
    > and I had to upgrade my Windows operating system to XP,
    > I do not want to buy a new CD without knowing
    > whether it will work on my machine.
    >
    > So my question is:
    > Is there maybe a way to run TR1 under Linux (Debian)?
    > Maybe with "dosbox"?
    > What about the other TR games?

    Not that I know of. It may well work with wine, or Cedega, or
    CrossOver. There's a reasonable chance that it won't, though, since
    TR1 is a DOS program. It can be got to work in XP, though:
    <http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr1/faq.html>.

Games CD-Rom Linux Video Games