Task Scheduler Service

My Task Scheduler won't start. When I start, Get message "Some tasks did not
execute at their scheduled times because the Task Schuler Service was not
running, etc". Won't run manually either. Please help
5 answers Last reply
More about task scheduler service

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:37:07 -0800, "TaxMomma"
    <TaxMomma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >My Task Scheduler won't start. When I start, Get message "Some tasks did not
    >execute at their scheduled times because the Task Schuler Service was not
    >running, etc". Won't run manually either. Please help

    Had the same 'trouble'.
    Suggestions to check out:

    Scheduler absolutely requires a password to work.
    Scheduler will not accept null passwords.
    Scheduler checks sheduler password against user's
    logon password for service to initiate task (I think).
    Service has to be running of course.

    Since there were a lot of factors involved at the time I needed
    the scheduler to run, I didn't do exhaustive test and despite searching,
    I couldn't find the "good oil" nevertheless, a combination of the above
    factors was the answer. I'm hoping some kind soul with greater insight
    could provide a condensed procedure.

    Is the Task Scheduler service running? Click Start/Run and type
    Services.msc. Double-click Task Scheduler and set it's startup to Automatic.
    Restart. In case of service startup failures, check the Event Log
    (eventvwr.msc)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "TaxMomma" <TaxMomma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Task Scheduler won't start. When I start, Get message "Some tasks did
    > not
    > execute at their scheduled times because the Task Schuler Service was not
    > running, etc". Won't run manually either. Please help

    Ramesh...Thank you....Ichecked the Task Scheduler and it is set to automatic
    already. In the Event Log....I see "atapi Event 9" also "Service Control
    Manager Event 7023"....not sure what this means????

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Is the Task Scheduler service running? Click Start/Run and type
    > Services.msc. Double-click Task Scheduler and set it's startup to Automatic.
    > Restart. In case of service startup failures, check the Event Log
    > (eventvwr.msc)
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "TaxMomma" <TaxMomma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My Task Scheduler won't start. When I start, Get message "Some tasks did
    > > not
    > > execute at their scheduled times because the Task Schuler Service was not
    > > running, etc". Won't run manually either. Please help

    Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308558

    This log file for Scheduled Tasks is stored in the Windows folder, where it
    is used to record the activity of scheduled tasks. You can use the log file
    to determine why a task might have stopped, or to check on the status of a
    task.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/ts_troubleshoot.asp

    --

    > Ramesh...Thank you....Ichecked the Task Scheduler and it is set to
    > automatic
    > already. In the Event Log....I see "atapi Event 9" also "Service Control
    > Manager Event 7023"....not sure what this means????
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Is the Task Scheduler service running? Click Start/Run and type
    >> Services.msc. Double-click Task Scheduler and set it's startup to
    >> Automatic.
    >> Restart. In case of service startup failures, check the Event Log
    >> (eventvwr.msc)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "TaxMomma" <TaxMomma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My Task Scheduler won't start. When I start, Get message "Some tasks
    >> > did
    >> > not
    >> > execute at their scheduled times because the Task Schuler Service was
    >> > not
    >> > running, etc". Won't run manually either. Please help

    I get an error message #1717doesn`t recognize. this occurs for task manager
    when I try to activate it, or symsntec live update since I down loaded win XP
    home SP2 update.
    joemarv(remove)@verizon.net

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308558
    >
    > This log file for Scheduled Tasks is stored in the Windows folder, where it
    > is used to record the activity of scheduled tasks. You can use the log file
    > to determine why a task might have stopped, or to check on the status of a
    > task.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/ts_troubleshoot.asp
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "TaxMomma" <TaxMomma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Ramesh...Thank you....Ichecked the Task Scheduler and it is set to
    > > automatic
    > > already. In the Event Log....I see "atapi Event 9" also "Service Control
    > > Manager Event 7023"....not sure what this means????
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Is the Task Scheduler service running? Click Start/Run and type
    > >> Services.msc. Double-click Task Scheduler and set it's startup to
    > >> Automatic.
    > >> Restart. In case of service startup failures, check the Event Log
    > >> (eventvwr.msc)
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User