Sign in with
Your question

New Buil Birthday Present

Last response: in Systems
June 15, 2010 12:51:30 AM

Hello my name is John. Im trying to build a new pc for my little brothers birthday. Hes primarily a social networking gamer. In terms of what he uses a computer for. Im trying to build a comp for him in the 600-700 dollar range with a little bit of leeway. I will prolly reuse a cd/dvd drive I have lying around so no worries there but could anyone hook me up with a build in that price range that could play games such as mw2 and World of Warcraft on optimal settings preferably? Id be happy to answer any questions if someone would like more info to help you help me. I understand whatever you say is provided by your good graces.

Sincerely
John

More about : buil birthday present

June 15, 2010 1:27:29 AM

We can better help you out, if you fill out the template listed in this sticky. It has all the information we need for build recommendations.

*How To Ask For New Build Advice*
m
l
June 15, 2010 1:52:14 AM

damage145 said:
Hello my name is John. Im trying to build a new pc for my little brothers birthday. Hes primarily a social networking gamer. In terms of what he uses a computer for. Im trying to build a comp for him in the 600-700 dollar range with a little bit of leeway. I will prolly reuse a cd/dvd drive I have lying around so no worries there but could anyone hook me up with a build in that price range that could play games such as mw2 and World of Warcraft on optimal settings preferably? Id be happy to answer any questions if someone would like more info to help you help me. I understand whatever you say is provided by your good graces.

Sincerely
John

I just built this pc and I think it would do well for your brother:

MSI 785gtm-e45 mobo
AMD Phenom II x4 9650
Seagate ST31000528AS Barracuda 7200.12 Hard Drive - 1TB, 7200 rpm bought for $40 ($30 rebate)
Patriot Gaming Memory 2 x 2 GB
SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 GPU
Cooler Master RS-460-PMSP-A3 Extreme Power 460-Watt Power Supply
Cooler Master Elite 330 Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
and buy an extra 120mm fan to draw air in the front of the case.
I would classify this as a vudget gaming PC I bought everything here for under $600 and it will run WoW at pretty darn high settings.
m
l
Related resources
June 15, 2010 5:40:59 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: July 11thish
BUDGET RANGE: 600 After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (gaming ,movie watching, surfing the net

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: ( keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers,cd rom ) *

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (www.newegg.com United states.

PARTS PREFERENCES: no real preference just a pc)

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe
SLI OR CROSSFIRE:Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (1440x900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
m
l
June 15, 2010 7:03:10 AM

$529AR less that OS
m
l
June 15, 2010 10:26:21 PM

Oh...good job with giving input pertinent to the situation.
m
l
June 16, 2010 8:43:37 AM

Thank you for your kind words ^^
m
l
June 16, 2010 7:22:33 PM

Batuchka what would you recommend if I could take out the os and use that $100 dollars to further the build, I may have a friend willing to let me use os disc/key.
m
l
June 17, 2010 10:36:05 AM

Hit a 650W 80+, nicer case and after market HSF?
m
l
!