No display on screen

ajice1980

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
About a month ago I bought a new case for my computer (front panel broke off the old one). When I got the new one and installed all the parts I got no display on the screen. This problem has happened to me in the past, and turned out being a video card problem (after I had replaced every other part first). So I bought a new video card and still have the same problem. So I returned the card for a refund.
Then I figured I was definitely due for an upgrade anyway, so I ordered new parts from newegg. Here's what I ordered.
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
CORSAIR 750W PSU
OCZ Reaper 8G (2 x 4GB DDR3 1333)
AMD Phenom 2 X4 3.2 GHZ Quad Core
The only parts I kept from my old PC are the video card (EVGA Geforce 8800GTS) and hard drive (WD 250gb)
I am still having the same problem when booting my PC. I get no display on the monitor but all the fans are spinning and I can hear the HD initialize as well. The monitor has been tested on my laptop and works fine, and I also have the 4 pin ATX connector and PCI-E connector in the video card. I even disconnected the video card and tried using the one build into the motherboard, but still to no avail.
Does anyone know what could be wrong here? I know even if my HD was broke I should still boot up to the system BIOS, and since I already tried the integrated video card, I no that's not the problem either. BTW, not that it matters, but the case is an Antec 300. Any help would be greatly appreciated!