Sign in with
Your question

Not sure what's "DEAD" MB or Drives or Power

Last response: in Motherboards
March 11, 2011 12:55:20 PM

Hey All, I have a gigabyte GA-x48-DQ6 motherboard and two storage devices that won't light up or show any signs of life I changed HD's I checked bios and made all default I'm not sure what to replace MB or Power supply , 2-drives CD-dvdand cd-rw! could it be both storage drives died or part of MB or did the power supply partially died :pt1cable: 

right now I'm using a USB cd-drive to use !

More about : dead drives power

March 11, 2011 3:13:55 PM

What does that have to do with me ! I've had this board for over 1-1/2 years !
I ran a test because at one time the cd-dvd drives didn't appear in device and I repaired windows and then they appeared again now they don't appear at all I'm worried that maybe the MB went !

not sure ! I did have HD problems because I ran the seagate utility and it said it had problems and I just purchased a New HD and I'm waiting for it to come but in the mean time I hooked up a 2.5 HD and installed windows and still no storage drive show up or work

So how can I figure what's DEAD ?
m
l
March 17, 2011 11:59:34 PM

this place sucks ! I found the answer by testing the power ribbons and found a string was dead NO THANKS TO THIS *** ass place you assholes coundn't answer sqaut all you did was put up a useless link to your own lifeless place
m
l
!