Looking for a laptop under $1500

i am looking for a laptop under $1500, i don't car if it is mac, dell or something else, just something that can play most modern games without slowing down ( i won't necessarily be playing with the graphics all the way up) i will be using this going into college. So it will need to be able to handle minor graphic design programs. I would also like it to be 15" and up.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about looking laptop 1500
  1. The best laptop graphics processor is the 5870m.

This laptop is pretty beast..... MSI GX740 with i7 and 5870 doesn't get much better IMO.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152192&cm_re=msi_laptop-_-34-152-192-_-Product
  2. I do NOT advice you to buy a Macbook for gaming + school...

I bought one at the start of this school year (Macbook Pro, 13 inch, 2,53 Ghz)
    Pro's: Mac OS X = da max, I really like it

Con's: Everything else.
    Hardware sucks, I can barely play any decent game on low settings + Massive heat generation.
    (those laptops are made out of 1 piece of aluminium, there is no airflow at all, almost no cooling, mostly I could bake an egg on the bottom of my laptop...)

The only reason you buy a macbook in my opinion is for Mac OS X + the looks.
    I regret buying mine, since for gaming and performance in general, I could have got a MUCH more powerfull laptop for less money... (I paid 1500 for my macbook)

So I just want to say: for gaming: Macbook pro is a nono
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Laptops Macintosh Systems Product