Fahcore_b4 exe cpu 100%

fahcore_b4 exe cpu 100%...pls help...how can i removed this and fix the problem ..im using windows 7 64 bit premium..pls
6 answers Last reply
More about fahcore_b4
  1. You clearly installed a folding@home client as that is what that belongs too, or if you didn't someone else did on the computer. Just delete the process in task manager and it'll stop running.
  2. you probably need to uninstall it properly else it will come back on a reboot. can you not use control panel - uninstall program?
  3. It doesn't actually install as a program, but you are rigth it may be set to auto start every time the computer is turned on. It's in a folder burried in the user folder, than command prompt is used to set it up along with a shortcut to run it. Deleting the folder would make it go away for good.
  4. i installed it on friday, and keep wondering why my gpu gets hot :) then remember about it and turn it off. could have sworn it was a proper install, but yes deleting dir will make it go away.

OP: do you know when it started doing it, did someone 'repair' your machine, or 'help' you with a problem? it will cause your machine to be warm, will cause you to use more power, but shouldn't affect performance much.
  5. +1

As loneninja said, It from the uniprocessor client of folding@home.

What it sounds like is that the client service feature was turned on. Which will run in the background of the computer where you wont see it at all. It will keep on running until you turn it off.

Now normally with services, you go into MSCONFIG and turn it off but F@H is not the case. What you'll need to do is find the folder and delete every thing related to it. Thats the the only way to stop it.

Although How did you get folding@home on you're computer?

Did you install it/someone in the family did or did it just appeared out of know where?

If it appeared out of no where, then what new programs did you install that was over the web?

There was an issue a while back where someone attached the F@H code and put it with a game and torrented over the web so he could have the best team.
    http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6221&p=61364&hilit=team+149135#p61364

If you can find this program that put folding@home on without your knowledge, Report it over at the Folding@home help forum so they can track down the person that did it.

http://foldingforum.org/index.php
  6. 13thmonkey said:
    i installed it on friday, and keep wondering why my gpu gets hot :) then remember about it and turn it off. could have sworn it was a proper install, but yes deleting dir will make it go away.

OP: do you know when it started doing it, did someone 'repair' your machine, or 'help' you with a problem? it will cause your machine to be warm, will cause you to use more power, but shouldn't affect performance much.

Well if you do the system tray client, then yes you have to install but the console client you dont have to "install the normal way" as demonstrated via my SMP2 6.30 install guide video below.

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Windows 7