opening a window- Help Please

When i click on "Task Manager", Disk Defragmenter", and "Control Panel", they
pop up for about a second before dissapearing without me even closing
anything...what is the problem and how do i go about fixing it?
1 answer Last reply
More about opening window please

    [[When you open System Configuration Utility [MSCONFIG], Registry Editor or
    Task Manager, they flash for a second and quit. This symptom is caused by
    Viruses.]]

    Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:3BBD1E9A-E51D-4B25-86F9-08C290E705F1@microsoft.com,
    Kyle <Kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > When i click on "Task Manager", Disk Defragmenter", and "Control
    > Panel", they pop up for about a second before dissapearing without me
    > even closing anything...what is the problem and how do i go about
    > fixing it?

Configuration Windows XP