Samith87

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Hi everyone... :hello:

Can i3-530 be used for gaming without an external graphic card?

I'm gonna build a system with:

Intel - 2.93ghz I3-530 Core 4mb
Ram - 2gb (Ddr3) Kvr1666 Kingston
Motherboard - Intel Dh55hc / EVGA 111-CD-E630-TR

Which one you recommend for gaming, Intel or EVGA motherboard?

Can I play games such as GTA4 , Crysis, nfsWorld etc with this system? (without graphic card)

I saw some one has played those games with intergrated graphics and overclocked GPU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FYYBlV_wh8

proton_chain

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Integrated graphics was, is and always will be crap for gaming. Please consider buying a PCI Express Graphics Card if you are interested in gaming. There are lots of offerings from Nvidia and ATI for budget PC users and they are considerably cheaper than ever before. For gaming, EVGA would be a better choice but I would recommend you buy the cheaper ones and add some money to the saved amount to spend on a better graphics card.

proton_chain

Distinguished
May 11, 2010

Did you mention CRYSIS???!!!! I did not notice that at first. How in the world do you expect to play that on integrated graphics? People buy $300+ Graphics cards for that monster! Straight cut answer is NO WAY!

Samith87

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010

I can only spend around 120USD ...
And I found EVGA 01G-P3-1246-LR GeForce GT 240 1GB is available in our local market. (I'm in Sri Lanka)

G

I used the ATI 5770 with the i3 530 for a few months and it would play all those games decently. I bought it through ebay for less than a hundred dollars. I upgraded to a 24 inch monitor, 1920x1200 resolution and it still did what it was supposed to do. I recently replaced the card with ATI 5850, also bought through ebay. The games are nice to play with maximum graphics, but the 5770 allowed me to easily enjoy the gameplay the games offer. Seriously, graphics are cool but gameplay is what it is all about.

welshmousepk

Distinguished

/facepalm

could you elaborate on why you are suggesting a last gen, over priced and under powered card? one that takes a large PSU and runs very hot and loud?

I'm starting to get fed-up of people like this coming into the forums.