Sign in with
Your question
Closed

MSI MS-6728 CD BOOT CANNOT BOOT FROM CD CODE 5

Last response: in Motherboards
March 11, 2011 7:32:13 PM

My 865 Neo2 LS will not let me boot from a cd or dvd drive. With older drives it says drive not compatable and on drives that the bios will work with it says Cannot boot from CD Code 5. I have a drive loaded with 7 Home Premium 32bit, loaded from a machine with an Intel chipset but it's Celeron can only run 32bit. this OS runs perfectly on the 865 board but I want to take advantage of my processor and run 7 64bit. The only problem is that I need to boot from a CD. Any ideas?
March 13, 2011 1:58:20 PM

mjmilam said:
My 865 Neo2 LS will not let me boot from a cd or dvd drive. With older drives it says drive not compatable and on drives that the bios will work with it says Cannot boot from CD Code 5. I have a drive loaded with 7 Home Premium 32bit, loaded from a machine with an Intel chipset but it's Celeron can only run 32bit. this OS runs perfectly on the 865 board but I want to take advantage of my processor and run 7 64bit. The only problem is that I need to boot from a CD. Any ideas?

Did you find a solution to this? I have an old PC that has an MSI MS-6728 version 1 motherboard, and am also getting 'Cannot boot from CD Code 5' when I try to boot from a Windows 7 install disk. The BIOS is currently AMIBIOS V3.31a, tried to find an update for this without success
Score
March 13, 2011 8:43:55 PM

I found a post that said to boot from a USB drive but when I tried it I got a "could not boot from USB Drive." This is frustrating. The bios recocnizes my dvd drive but will not let me boot from it although it is clearly an option in the boot secquence. By the way, where did you get amibios V3.31a? The most corrent version I can find on MSI's site is 2.5. Also if you do get a NTFS system installed on that board be prerared to use a 2000 startup disk to flash the bios. Fat 32 disks will not work.
Score
Related resources
February 11, 2012 12:42:37 PM

penman said:
Did you find a solution to this? I have an old PC that has an MSI MS-6728 version 1 motherboard, and am also getting 'Cannot boot from CD Code 5' when I try to boot from a Windows 7 install disk. The BIOS is currently AMIBIOS V3.31a, tried to find an update for this without success

There is a way to get win7 to run on a MSI MS-6728 as I had the same problem, if you have a copy of vista to had you need to take the boot file and add it to the win7 cd and burn win7 with the vista boot up and it will work if you need any help I have it on a DVD and can send you a copy if you want, as it is quite a farse to do it
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
February 11, 2012 2:35:31 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!