  • Microsoft
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
February 19, 2005 4:17:02 PM

For some reason no user names come up on the welcome screen so cannot access
any data on my computer. How can I solve this? (Btw using MCE2005).

More about : user names screen

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 11:46:16 PM

Go to Start/Run and type: control userpasswords2 and press OK. Place a
check mark on "Users must enter a username and password......" item.
Apply/OK.

"J_Jordan4302" <J_Jordan4302@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For some reason no user names come up on the welcome screen so cannot
> access
> any data on my computer. How can I solve this? (Btw using MCE2005).
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 11:59:01 AM

I cannot enter the desktop at all, I am stuck at the user select screen with
no available users. Any ideas?

"DLink Guru" wrote:

> Go to Start/Run and type: control userpasswords2 and press OK. Place a
> check mark on "Users must enter a username and password......" item.
> Apply/OK.
February 21, 2005 7:02:51 AM

Why don't you ask in an MCE group. This is an XP group

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
"J_Jordan4302" <J_Jordan4302@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:342E92AE-2E94-4970-81A8-65640798D4C2@microsoft.com...
>I cannot enter the desktop at all, I am stuck at the user select screen with
> no available users. Any ideas?
>
> "DLink Guru" wrote:
>
>> Go to Start/Run and type: control userpasswords2 and press OK. Place a
>> check mark on "Users must enter a username and password......" item.
>> Apply/OK.

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 7:02:52 AM

Because there are more people viewing these forums than in MCE2005, and MCE
is just an added on program to XP so I thought this would not affect any
answers.

"David Candy" wrote:

> Why don't you ask in an MCE group. This is an XP group

> http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
> "J_Jordan4302" <J_Jordan4302@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:342E92AE-2E94-4970-81A8-65640798D4C2@microsoft.com...
> >I cannot enter the desktop at all, I am stuck at the user select screen with
> > no available users. Any ideas?
> >
> > "DLink Guru" wrote:
> >
> >> Go to Start/Run and type: control userpasswords2 and press OK. Place a
> >> check mark on "Users must enter a username and password......" item.
> >> Apply/OK.

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 7:02:53 AM

LOL, MCE is not just an added program, it is a completly integraded OS.

> Because there are more people viewing these forums than in MCE2005, and
> MCE
> is just an added on program to XP so I thought this would not affect any
> answers.
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Why don't you ask in an MCE group. This is an XP group
>>
>> --
>> http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
>> "J_Jordan4302" <J_Jordan4302@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I cannot enter the desktop at all, I am stuck at the user select screen
>> >with
>> > no available users. Any ideas?

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 11:32:12 AM

I can only help with Home or Pro. And the answer is different for each.

"DLink Guru" <rjacobs0spamfree@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:027Sd.34794$wc.17683@trnddc07...
> LOL, MCE is not just an added program, it is a completly integraded OS.
>
> "J_Jordan4302" <J_Jordan4302@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Because there are more people viewing these forums than in MCE2005, and
>> MCE
>> is just an added on program to XP so I thought this would not affect any
>> answers.
>>
>> "David Candy" wrote:
>>
>>> Why don't you ask in an MCE group. This is an XP group
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
>>> "J_Jordan4302" <J_Jordan4302@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 10:42:36 PM

Just want to be sure you do get some help (sorry I don't have the answer
myself): have you posted in the microsoft mediacenter groups? there are a
few you might try, though the main one is
microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter
Good luck!

Jam