My XFX ATI HD5770 V2 (Egg Version) Is Too Hot

auzan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Hello,

XFX 5770 V2 (Egg Version) I've purchased two months ago.

I know it`s also performance for several games.

But it`s too hot when playing all games especially in Metro 2033, GTA 4, and Just cause 2.

The temperature in idle is 52 Degrees

When load it`s reach 100 Degrees.

How to make my graphics temperature load below 70 degrees like others?

Any suggestions?

All suggestions is allowed.

Thanks for all suggestions.

1. List full specs (esp. case).

2. Turn up your fan speed via EVGA Precision or MSI After Burner of CCC

3. Make sure you have enough cooling around the GPU (ie not a cramped case,etc).

4. Make sure the heatsink is not loose (happens to me once on a 9600GT) due to shipping,etc.

auzan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Ok well check the fan speed in Catalyst Control Center.

You may have to manually kick up the fan speed. I'm having the same issue with my hd5850 however I'm not overheating at all like you are. My temps only hit 75c while gaming with the fan speed defaulted to 21% and I have a pretty good overclock on it.

If I manually kick the fan speed up to 60% the temps don't go over 52-55c.

Im already make 100% speed in CCC , but its also hot. Its little noise. But also reach 100 degrees when playing and little cool when idle (52 degrees go down to 49 degrees)

Dont know why, im cannot explain. Im don`t know what to do now.

auzan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010

already turn up my fan in CCC (100%) but also hot 100 degrees when playing and little bit cool when idle. Its go down 3 degrees when idle.

Yes i had 2 fan to cooling my graphics. 2 at case (left) . Cant also cooling my g.card

im already tight up the heatpipe / heatsink screw of my g.card. Also hot.

I also think that the windows that bring the problem to my graphics card. But I also had format my windows of two times. Also not cool when playing games.

Its okay when playing games, no game even while playing is loop when its hot. Im only worried , that hot can damage my g.card.

Im dont know what to do now. please help me. :cry:

Sorry for bad english.