Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
It looks like it's coming out soon, Newegg must either be about to make it open, or they did and sold out.
I checked at 8:00am and they didn't have it but at 11:00am they should it as the grey "Auto-Notify".

Well when ever they finally release I will finally buy my whole rig.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I know I want it so bad. Once I saw that video in German or whatever, I fell in love and watched those two videos
like 50 times each. I had a desire for the LanBoy but that thing is going to be very good at being a dust storage facility.

There were a few things I didn't like about HAF-932 and 922, but I loved the CM692 ad., and the HAF-X is pretty much a mix between the HAF 932 and Cm 692 ad. design. All the reasons I didn't like the HAF 932 were fixed plus the incorparated a lot
of my favorite CM 692's features. So it is the perfect case for my perfect system!!!

I just hope they don't sell out when I try to order.lol

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I know excactly how you feel, everyone I know got there super marvelous iPhone 3G, I waited for my Anriod, and I finally
got mine and they all felt like conformist's and were super jealous of mine.

Anyways the HAF-X is the sickest of all cases and all cases before it. I still wouldn't mind a CM 692 Advanced, I have been
thinking about putting all my current parts into it, but I dropped it cause I want every dollar I can get for this next rig.

bryant1108

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Always hesitated buying the a HAF because it looked ugly, but I think the X looks great! It's a tad bit pricey, but I guess it's a good investment if I plan on using my case for a while.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I know what u mean, besides for the 932 not being black inside, that was an easy fix. But the window's stripes, oh my, and the worst was the huge HAF, on the side of it.lol. When I considered getting it, I would of spent another 140 customizing it.
Thats why I liked the CM 692 advanced, because nothing topped it, I would always ask my self what does this case have
that the CM 692 doesn't?? and for 100$, it was un beatable.

Now the HAF "X" is here and it was a dream come true. Have you guys seen the LEO edition or the HAF932 "black edition"???

bryant1108

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Really enjoyed those reviews beitzel! And Slasher, your reasons were the exact same as mine for not getting a HAF 932 already! The HAF on the side got to me the most too haha. But i love the new window on the side of the HAF X. Really unique looking L shape.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Well the optional panel for the C 692 was perfect, it showed all the goods and blocked out the hd cage and dvd.
But the HAF-X's is original and I do like it, I wouldn't of liked it if it was shaped that way with out the super badass 200mm
fan w/ air duct. I like looking at my graphics card, so I am probably going to get some led's to shine on it!!

I can't seem to uncover some info;
Question: At what length do you lose the front air duct?? When I get the Asus V2 5870 for the case, its at 10.25,
so would I not be able to use the air duct???

I thought you would be able to move it from left to right accodingly to your gpu, but I think it's stationary?

Beitzel15

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
You may not be able too, I was wondering the same thing if I get this case with a gtx 480 that is also the same length as that card... Guess we'll find out the hard way! lol.

I was sold on the thermaltake spedo case but I <3 this one!!

Also, would putting a 80mm and 120mm fan with LED's cause any heat on the video card?

I was reading a review on a 80mm fan and someone said the LEDS on it caused their gpu to heat up 5 more degrees.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Honestly I have never heard of that, but I don't think the led's in regular fans even get hot??
Maybe a cathode or some kind of different led, but fan leds, I am not sure.

The spedo was in my list once upon a time, but I was afraid of ordering an extra 120mm fan(getting 2xCm reds for 212+)
but I guess I can always just use one red fan on the 212 and use the other if it does work find!

Well the bracket 80mm, is what I am going to use to add red to my card, but the extra 30cfm never hurt anything, but
leds heating just sounds weird. I wouldn't worry about.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
I just switched from the haf 932 to the spedo less than 2 months ago because I got tired of looking at it. Damn now it looks like im going to be doing another switch back to the old haf pretty soon. I thought the spedo was sexy, but this new haf good stuff.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
The reason I stopped looking at the spedo, was because all its features seems more gimick than actual practicality.
I read a lot about how nobody even used them chambers, cause they actually made it hotter, but IDK for sure but
I read a lot about it

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
I got the case on newegg because it was on sale with free shipping and it was actually cheaper than the regular spedo without the chambers. I really didnt care if it worked because as soon as it got to my house, I ripped all that plastic crap out of it. Mainly I got it becuase of its looks and I like the black interior also the dual 120mm fans in the back which the swiftech apex water cooler can be installed when I feel like the h50 I have isnt keeping up. Honestly I didnt spend close to 2500 bucks on my rig to cover all the goods behind plastic. I love the spedo but I might switch to this new haf by the end of the year or when I get tired of looking at the spedo.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I hear ya, it did look awesome, and the back dual 120 was cool. It actually wasn't bad, I figured I could spend 100 less on the
692 and save some money. I have still considered this, but I just don't think I will, cause after buying the
side panel and the fans, I would be close to what I spent on the HAF-X, then again I am spending another 25 on fans
anyways but I just don't think I will pass up the HAF-X, its to cool and has so much room to work with

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Exactly! The room alone in the haf is worth the price of admission. I seriously had all my stuff in that 932 and If I left the door off, I could hang my coat. Cable management was far easier with the 932 also becuase its about a inch and a half wider than the spedo I have now. I think youd be happy with your choice in the case. The haf line is unprecedented in air flow and space. They just were kinda of an eyesore. But they changed that. Oh yeah and the inside is black! Another fault in the haf line of before.

Cheers!

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Let me ask you guys a question since I actually got people to respond to one of my posts.

Tell me what u think of this config:
CrossHair 4, EAH5870 V2, HX750, G.skill Trident 2000, 212+, 965 C3, 7200.12 500gb, DVD and windows 64 home!!
Obviously I want to throw all the goods in the Flagship of all Flagships-HAF-Xtreme!

I was only having trouble deciding on which board and card to go with, and the CH4 w/5870 ended up
beating the UD7 w/ 2-3 Vapor-x 5770's. I though it would be easier to get another 5770, but I won't need another
5870 till next year and at that time they will be hella cheap!

Does that setup seem to be what would be best or not??

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
I really cant tell you about the rig because Ive only built intel rigs so amd is not my area of expertise.

What I can say is that I believe in getting the best gpu you can afford at the time and when you need more power down the road, add one and the prices will be better than now. Gpus are so powerful right now it is overkill to run 480s or 5870s in thier respected configurations. I have a 480 and thought about running two 470s but decided to get the higher model becuase I think I only need one gpu at this time. You get a 5870, it can run any game out right now and well on the highest settings.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
well that was the idea. the 5770 scale well, and are cool, but the 5870 is just supreme in all areas.
The 5870 is at 256bit (1.2ghzGDDR5) @850Mhz Engine Clock, this is way better than what the 5770 has.
Well after much consideration I did pick it, there is a huge list of reasons, mainly 1 card=less headaches

Plus the 5770 only can compare to the 5870 in "some" games, it can beat it by a few fps in a few games, but
overall the 5870 is going to handle a lot more. Not to mention that in benchs there talking about a stock 5870,
with a minor OCing I would blast 3 5770's out of the water!!

Beitzel15

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
The HAF X not having dual rear fans is the only thing I dont like about it. Im wanting to put the H50 on my new build and liked the idea of having atleast 1 rear fan exhausting air while the other would be cooling the rad..... now if I get the HAF X, I'll have 0 fans exhaust air from the rear and will have to rely on the 2 top fans a lone... =/

Beitzel15

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008

I wouldnt recommend going with a 5870 and wanting to get another one later..... mainly if its going to be next year when you want one. I did that when I built my current rig and less than 1 year after it, I can not find a gtx 285 for sale unless its on ebay..... They got hard to find, quick. If you already have a 5770, It may be smarter (and cheaper) to get another one now and then next year, just upgrade to a new video card if you have to.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Well the only card I have is a Nvidia 9600GT, because my 9800 fried on me. My first card was ATI, then my last three cards
have been nvidia, and the original ati is still going, while 2/3 of the nvidias are dead, and I am running the 3rd right now, and
my friend is running my first card.

Anyways, the whole upgrade thing was just here say, and I was just saying that I could if I wanted. But I understand what your saying, get the cheapest setup now, because in the future your(i'm) going to want to get the next best thing.
\I have nothing of value besides my currently bought dvd(IDE) and video card. So I am looking for all brand new parts.

Getting two 5770's isn't a bad idea, I have been debating the question for a long time so I just decided on the 5870
cause I need to pick so I can purchase here soon. However, I am in love with the CH4, but I also really like the UD7, and what
I figured i would do is that if I got 5770's I would go gigabyte cause of the 4 card slots. It wouldn't kill me to put
2x vapor-X 5770's in a CH4. Then I would have a chance to add another a lot sooner than a 5870.