Wont post

hardhead11

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
MSI p67a GD65

New build working fine for 2 days. today it won't boot. I was getting 1 beep then 2 quick beeps. I changed out the XFX 6850 with a cheap MSI card along with different RAM and it didn't work. Changed back to my original set up and now get 1 beep, 2 quick beeps; couple seconds later 1 beep, then 5 beeps. It will let me see the bios for 2 seconds then goes black. All fans and LEDs stay running.

MSI P67A GD65
Gskill Ripjaw 1600 DDR3
XFX 6850
Corsair 750TX enthusiast
I5 2500K
Kingston V series 128GB
WD Black 1TB

The manual will contain the beep codes legend but you already knew that.
Those look like classic vga/gpu errors.
Uninstall all the video drivers.
I would reset the cmos to defaults.
Don't load any vga drivers other then the basic one Win7 loads.
Don't install the cd that came with the video card.
Download and install the latest CCC from AMD as Admin.

hardhead11

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011

Thanks for the reply. The manual doesn't contain any beep codes.

How can I uninstall drivers when I can't even get the thing into bios? After several reboots, it loads to windows, then immediately goes black. I've tried a different vid card with similar results. It's like the system is running but with no display.

hardhead11

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
OK, as a last result, I plugged in the old monitor (cheap 20" dell) and everything works fine. The new monitor is a Samsung 2494SW. Appears that IT is the issue. Any comments, advice, etc...? I can't imagine that the monitor is the culprit. It's 2 days old.

My bad about beep codes and a UEFI =slipped my mind
The new monitor will likely be fine once you have the mainboard/components and o/s properly loaded and configured.
I just replied to someone else experiencing the same problems with a P67 and a new monitor.
They tried vga cable and it worked lol!
Kind of a waste if you ask me but they had a fancy new rig and no hdmi cable.
Personally i hook up thru DP.