Haf 932 vs Antec 1200

fel2941

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Could anyone give me some advise on these two case's? Which has the better airflow, space for upgrades/fans, ect. Air cooling only, not going liquid.

Thanks in advance

jcpwn3r

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009

better cooling, better cable management, better modability
(if you have the money I'd recommend a HAF-X tho)

(unless you like blue lights, the HAF doesn't look good in blue)

fel2941

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
i didnt even see the Haf X, so pretty much everyone would recomend that over the Haf 932? i see that based on dimensions its slightly bigger, which would mean i could fit more in it :p

ares1214

Splendid

ares1214

Splendid
you might wanna take out "for the buck" and bold "for now". The price wont stay, it will very likely go back up to $200 soon, unless it isnt some deal. And it is likely the best case. However for the money, it really isnt. I can think of quite a few cases with more "bang for buck" than that, 2 i listed above for starters.

fel2941

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
How is that storm sniper listed as a mid tower? its freakin huge based off the dimensions! Is there anything different in the shape of it? Im more of a fan of full tower case's over mid towers due to size, but that sucker is massive!

Thanks for the info guys, im hangin between pickin up a HAF X or that Storm sniper....seems like the HaF X has larger fans, would this allow for better cooling or would the Sniper win out?

AMW1011

Distinguished

Shirosaki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
where do you guys get your info about all these cases and which are better?

There isn't much info on Tom's site, but they did compare the Haf932 to the Antec 1200, and the Spedo, and it seems like the Haf932 performed better than those 2 in their review.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

yes,the cases you recommended are great cases.I just was offering another option for this person to choose from.In building computers on todays market,alot of people just don't realize how spending an extra $50 to $80 can get you a long way as far as upgrades go.When I choose a case,I go foe biuld,quality,of course price,but mainly if the case can hold up grades. The case I recommended is only $179.99 and it has no restrictions as far as upgrades go.But,if this person does not want to spend the extra money,then the 2 you recommended will do just fine.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

Various sites,but mostly New egg.com or Maximum Pc.

AMW1011

Distinguished

Honestly if you troll the OCN or XS forums enough you just end up learning. :D

ares1214

Splendid
Yeah, also learn what makes a good case good. Personally, heres my checklist:

■ Black interior
■ Sleek and as little plastic as possible.
■ Not in excess of 1/5 of the cost of the whole build
■ Cable management holes, preferably grommeted
■ Bigger is usually better, but i like a good mid tower with full tower size
■ I like the option for either 1 big fan, or multiple small fans in the top and side
■ 2 Rear fans is a very nice plus, i favor positive airflow with 2 front fans, 2 top fans, 2 rear fans
■ Has to look good to me
■ I like vents and mesh in select places to help with airflow
■ Removable motherboard tray or cpu backplate cutout is a must, but either is fine
■ Bottom mounted psu with vent on the bottom with dust filter
■ Removable dust filters for as many fans as possible
■ Doors are generally annoying, unobstructed disc drive is the best setup
■ Has to fit an upgrade, so i like ones with futuristic form factor. For now, thats M-ATX, ATX, and E-ATX
■ Well placed windows are good

Thats about it for me, you can generally put a list like this together too, then find a case to match it.