Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Haf 932 vs Antec 1200

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Antec
  • Cases
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
August 15, 2010 1:58:49 PM

Could anyone give me some advise on these two case's? Which has the better airflow, space for upgrades/fans, ect. Air cooling only, not going liquid.


Thanks in advance

More about : haf 932 antec 1200

a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2010 5:51:42 PM

antec 1200
m
0
l
August 16, 2010 1:56:53 AM

Why the 1200?
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 139 ) Power supply
August 16, 2010 1:59:36 AM

It's 268 more than a 932.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 16, 2010 2:38:14 AM

932 is a beast when it comes to air cooling. comes with 3 230mm fans (which can be replaced with 8 120mm fans!)
m
0
l
August 16, 2010 2:48:38 AM

932

better cooling, better cable management, better modability
(if you have the money I'd recommend a HAF-X tho)

(unless you like blue lights, the HAF doesn't look good in blue)
m
0
l
a c 275 ) Power supply
August 16, 2010 12:18:20 PM

They are both excellent cases.
If dust is a concern the 1200 has intake filters.
The 932 doesn't have any filters.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 16, 2010 12:19:52 PM

932 get my vote. But why not the HAF-X?
m
0
l
August 16, 2010 6:00:08 PM

jefe323 said:
932 is a beast when it comes to air cooling. comes with 3 230mm fans (which can be replaced with 8 120mm fans!)

Does it cool better with 120mm fans than with the 230mm fans?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 16, 2010 7:06:19 PM

Shirosaki said:
Does it cool better with 120mm fans than with the 230mm fans?


yes, but it is a lot louder
m
0
l
August 16, 2010 10:39:10 PM

i didnt even see the Haf X, so pretty much everyone would recomend that over the Haf 932? i see that based on dimensions its slightly bigger, which would mean i could fit more in it :p 
m
0
l
August 16, 2010 10:45:48 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... This is the best case for the buck right now for size,cable management,and airflow,did I mention it is only going for $179.99 now.I want to take all the components out of my $299.99 Lian Li case and start over(but I am lazy).
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 16, 2010 10:55:11 PM

you might wanna take out "for the buck" and bold "for now". The price wont stay, it will very likely go back up to $200 soon, unless it isnt some deal. And it is likely the best case. However for the money, it really isnt. I can think of quite a few cases with more "bang for buck" than that, 2 i listed above for starters.
m
0
l
August 17, 2010 3:19:59 AM

How is that storm sniper listed as a mid tower? its freakin huge based off the dimensions! Is there anything different in the shape of it? Im more of a fan of full tower case's over mid towers due to size, but that sucker is massive!

Thanks for the info guys, im hangin between pickin up a HAF X or that Storm sniper....seems like the HaF X has larger fans, would this allow for better cooling or would the Sniper win out?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 17, 2010 3:24:44 AM

The HAFX is one of the greatest cases for air cooling right now. If you're thinking about getting it and like the look of it, then just get it.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 17, 2010 12:54:14 PM

If you are willing to spend $200 on a case, i either agree with AMW, or i recommend this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or the 1200/DF85. Funny, 2 year old cases still having innovations besting current ones. The Speedo is an EXTREMELY good air cooling case, and you can customize it so much.
m
0
l
August 17, 2010 1:59:09 PM

where do you guys get your info about all these cases and which are better?

There isn't much info on Tom's site, but they did compare the Haf932 to the Antec 1200, and the Spedo, and it seems like the Haf932 performed better than those 2 in their review.
m
0
l
August 17, 2010 3:45:07 PM

ares1214 said:
you might wanna take out "for the buck" and bold "for now". The price wont stay, it will very likely go back up to $200 soon, unless it isnt some deal. And it is likely the best case. However for the money, it really isnt. I can think of quite a few cases with more "bang for buck" than that, 2 i listed above for starters.

yes,the cases you recommended are great cases.I just was offering another option for this person to choose from.In building computers on todays market,alot of people just don't realize how spending an extra $50 to $80 can get you a long way as far as upgrades go.When I choose a case,I go foe biuld,quality,of course price,but mainly if the case can hold up grades. The case I recommended is only $179.99 and it has no restrictions as far as upgrades go.But,if this person does not want to spend the extra money,then the 2 you recommended will do just fine.
m
0
l
August 17, 2010 3:46:10 PM

Shirosaki said:
where do you guys get your info about all these cases and which are better?

There isn't much info on Tom's site, but they did compare the Haf932 to the Antec 1200, and the Spedo, and it seems like the Haf932 performed better than those 2 in their review.

Various sites,but mostly New egg.com or Maximum Pc.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 17, 2010 4:09:41 PM

Well now its $200 again.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 17, 2010 5:59:33 PM

Shirosaki said:
where do you guys get your info about all these cases and which are better?

There isn't much info on Tom's site, but they did compare the Haf932 to the Antec 1200, and the Spedo, and it seems like the Haf932 performed better than those 2 in their review.


Honestly if you troll the OCN or XS forums enough you just end up learning. :D 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 17, 2010 6:28:14 PM

Yeah, also learn what makes a good case good. Personally, heres my checklist:

  • Black interior
  • Sleek and as little plastic as possible.
  • Not in excess of 1/5 of the cost of the whole build
  • Cable management holes, preferably grommeted
  • Bigger is usually better, but i like a good mid tower with full tower size
  • I like the option for either 1 big fan, or multiple small fans in the top and side
  • 2 Rear fans is a very nice plus, i favor positive airflow with 2 front fans, 2 top fans, 2 rear fans
  • Has to look good to me
  • I like vents and mesh in select places to help with airflow
  • Removable motherboard tray or cpu backplate cutout is a must, but either is fine
  • Bottom mounted psu with vent on the bottom with dust filter
  • Removable dust filters for as many fans as possible
  • Doors are generally annoying, unobstructed disc drive is the best setup
  • Has to fit an upgrade, so i like ones with futuristic form factor. For now, thats M-ATX, ATX, and E-ATX
  • Well placed windows are good

    Thats about it for me, you can generally put a list like this together too, then find a case to match it.


    m
    0
    l
    August 17, 2010 6:57:31 PM

    OCN is overclock.net right? I googled antec 1200 vs haf 932 when this thread was created and there were quite a few threads over there that said the 1200 was better for air cooling and the Haf 932 was better for water cooling. Seems like that Haf 932 is better for air cooling than the 1200 also, unless there are other tests out there that have different results than Tom's.

    I'll check out MaximumPC later, but it would be nice to understand why this subject seems to be more confusing than it should be. It should be easy to to test and figure out which cases are better for air cooling and well known. Water cooling would probably be more complicated. But it seems like everyone has a different opinion and there is no data on the subject.

    I'm reading 2-3 year old threads about cases that had the price cheaper back then than what it sells for today. It also seems like there haven't been any improvements in making better cases. Are there any cases that beat the hafs, that were released within the past 6 months or tis year?
    m
    0
    l
    a b ) Power supply
    August 17, 2010 7:00:37 PM

    Its not so rigid as that. Fans can be added, airflow can be re-directed, fans can be replaced with better ones, and so on.
    m
    0
    l
    August 17, 2010 8:24:14 PM

    ares1214 said:
    Yeah, also learn what makes a good case good. Personally, heres my checklist:

  • Black interior
  • Sleek and as little plastic as possible.
  • Not in excess of 1/5 of the cost of the whole build
  • Cable management holes, preferably grommeted
  • Bigger is usually better, but i like a good mid tower with full tower size
  • I like the option for either 1 big fan, or multiple small fans in the top and side
  • 2 Rear fans is a very nice plus, i favor positive airflow with 2 front fans, 2 top fans, 2 rear fans
  • Has to look good to me
  • I like vents and mesh in select places to help with airflow
  • Removable motherboard tray or cpu backplate cutout is a must, but either is fine
  • Bottom mounted psu with vent on the bottom with dust filter
  • Removable dust filters for as many fans as possible
  • Doors are generally annoying, unobstructed disc drive is the best setup
  • Has to fit an upgrade, so i like ones with futuristic form factor. For now, thats M-ATX, ATX, and E-ATX
  • Well placed windows are good

    Thats about it for me, you can generally put a list like this together too, then find a case to match it.

  • yes the haf-x
    m
    0
    l
    a b ) Power supply
    August 18, 2010 12:44:59 AM

    Some of those match it, but so do other things for less money. The CM Storm Sniper hits most of those points and costs a bunch less. Isnt as ugly IMO.
    m
    0
    l
    August 19, 2010 2:55:54 AM

    Sry havnt been able to check this in a bit, thanks for all the info guys! Going to checkout all of the suggestions, and also check out that site :o  havnt been there before
    m
    0
    l
    August 19, 2010 7:42:29 PM

    Shirosaki said:
    OCN is overclock.net right? I googled antec 1200 vs haf 932 when this thread was created and there were quite a few threads over there that said the 1200 was better for air cooling and the Haf 932 was better for water cooling. Seems like that Haf 932 is better for air cooling than the 1200 also, unless there are other tests out there that have different results than Tom's.

    I'll check out MaximumPC later, but it would be nice to understand why this subject seems to be more confusing than it should be. It should be easy to to test and figure out which cases are better for air cooling and well known. Water cooling would probably be more complicated. But it seems like everyone has a different opinion and there is no data on the subject.

    I'm reading 2-3 year old threads about cases that had the price cheaper back then than what it sells for today. It also seems like there haven't been any improvements in making better cases. Are there any cases that beat the hafs, that were released within the past 6 months or tis year?

    Some cases are close but the Haf X covers all areas.You can even run 4 gtx 480's if need be.Almost all other cases cannot.
    m
    0
    l
    a b ) Power supply
    August 19, 2010 10:42:59 PM

    Who needs 4 gtx 480s?! Spend $200 on a case and id hope it would be good. However, it is vastly over rated. Air flow isnt all about more fans and bigger fans. It is good for watercooling, but no better than many other cases.
    m
    0
    l